Campanile Hotel Cardiff
Hilton
US$172
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$124
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$112
  • Room Service
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$137
  • Restaurant
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$166
  • Pool
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$113
Agoda.com
US$245
US$199
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$208
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree wifibudget staycooked breakfasttea making facilitiesroom was clean and comfortableper nightbus stopcar parkingexcellent value for moneysaturday nightkettledryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Stayed here with my daughter, as she had interview at Cardiff University. Staff were pleasant on arrival. Room was small, but clean and beds were comfortable. Bathroom was good size and had bath/shower, sink & toilet. Free wifi pleased my daughter! We didn't eat in the hotel, so cannot comment on the food. There is a Waitrose and "Sizzler" pub within walking distance. Would stay again, except in bad weather - as believe entrance to hotel carpark could be treacherous if icy.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2010

It's a good job the bed was comfy otherwise I would of complained. This is a child size chalet, we had to move the two single beds together to give a little more space to pass each other and one of the feet were missing so I used the bible there to level it up!. In my opinion, there was just 1 power socket available as the others are housed in to stop you from using their electric, the TV wasn't audible with the humming sound. We were unable to have a bath because it was a about 3ft long, just half a roll of toilet roll and asked for some more. GOOD points: Very clean and no bad smells. Would we stay again? No

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2010

Having used the various travel accomodation providers, over a number of years, and normally securing a bargain... with advanced booking..
We found, due to the very big demand for 'bargain rooms' it was impossible to secure any reasonably priced rooms, it was suggested Campanile, personally I had associated them with only being in France..
A last minute room, nr Cardiff on a Sunday night, arriving at about 7.30, very quiet, still expecting the worst for £35.70, for 2 people..
Well we were very surprised, from the chic looking cafe/restaurant, the bar area, and the lovely French receptionist, who didnt require the room fee until our departure.. try before u buy, got my seal of approval... we found our lovely warm room.
Double porch doors, plaid curtains subtle lighting, and a lamp on the desk, better than harsh lights, FREE WI FI, tv, tea/coffee, and BISCUITS, memory foam pillows and a very comfortable bed... the bathroom was lovely and clean, complete with ample towels, soaps etc etc, lots of hot water, excellent shower.
A very quiet location and close to 2 for 1 meal deal pubs... and a tesco-garage for papers and snacks.
We will certainly include the Campanile rooms in our list of accomodation in the future,

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2009

Working now for 3 years in Cardiff area, spend 1 to 2 night per week in Cardiff I try differents hotels but Campanile reflect like if I was at home a good standard room ensuite with excelent bed and Duvet with TV and Sat, welcome tray a good restaurant and excelent breakfast english and continentale for 1 price. Also free WiFi and excelent staff as usual. I can't understand people complaining when you can have room at £25.00 easily until February 2010 when the other hotels offer same type of promotion like £29 or £19 but you can't have this offer most of time and my surprise with Campanile you can! I was able to book via their website all my dates till February at £25.00 a night good great saving at this period over 50% discount.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Having read a review of the hotel being 3 miles(thinking, we can always walk) from Cardiff City Centre, was somewhat suprised to find it 6 miles+. The reception we received was muted to say the least, with a certain amount of "attitude" They said the taxi fare would be £15-£20, it wasn't (actually was less, but still poor info), they said the buses ran every 20 minutes, they didn't after 5 o'clock.

The maids woke you up each morning tapping on the windows rather than read the do not disturb sign. The room was musty/damp/dark/basic/in need of modernisation.

It was noisy (road noise and other guests)

Was basically clean though, and the shower was hot.

Had I paid £50 for this hotel, I would have been happy, but at £115 a night, I feel I in no way got value for money and would not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple