“Walked in.....walked out”

The Old Library
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have eaten here in the past, but have never felt I got value for money. It is in a prime location so I cannot see why it is being allowed to become run down so much, unless another company has made an offer. Where on my last visit there were tables and chairs there is now a pool table, so you will understand the type of clientele it will attract. A distinct smell around the bar area.Tatty furniture cluttered with plates over the other side. We walked in one door, saw how bad it was and carried on walking right through to the door on the other side - and out again. On a rugby Saturday when every other pub in Central Cardiff was packed, this had enough room to swing an elephant. It can only get better...

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Do visit the Old Library which is where the Cardiff Story is housed. There is a wonderful Edwardian tiled corridoor which worth seeing.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Went in around 11.30 pm Saturday night with a group of friends, place was dead but we thought we'd just stay for a few drinks and a dance.

A lot of money was spent on the round of drinks just to be told less than 5 minutes after we paid we had 5 minutes to drink and leave, music already turned off. Bar staff and door staff were very apologetic but said if they had known they would have stopped us buying them, the manger, well he called himself a manger but zero proof of those skills basically walked away with the response well I gave you 5 minutes didn't I!

With crappiness like that it's no wonder the place was shutting at 11.30 on a match weekend!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I pudchased a deal on the KGB voucher website and managed to get 2 meals worth
£40 for £15. Starter anf main course. We had 2steaks which were really nice.
Added bonus was that there was a band playing and up to 7pm the lager was £1.50 a pint. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Went here on a Sunday afternoon before a trip round Cardiff City centre we had a voucher for a main meal and a dessert i can understand why they need to flog there vouchers on these websites as they were absolutely empty, we ordered our food and drink and went to sit at a table near the window the table was quite sticky our meal came quite quickly and was ok but not a wow moment in gastro terms in fact i probably could have cooked a better Sunday lunch myself. We had ordered out desserts beforehand so we asked for them as soon as we finished our mains we noticed that the couple next to us had not even finished there main before they were giving there dessert to them that's when we noticed that the next table had been given our dessert, we then waited 45 minutes for our's which by this time we could not be bothered with and left, i found the staff there quite unhelpful the atmosphere non existent and would definitely never waste my money there again, i would not be surprised if they had gone into liquidation within the next year

1  Thank Suzanne V