“Delicious pizza and friendly staff”

Bella Italia Cardiff Bay
Ranked #153 of 1,215 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bella Italia serves fun and fabulous Italian cuisine. We're open from 10AM so pop in for breakfast before a morning bowling session or join us for a post-flick bite. You'll be greeted by our warm and welcoming staff who will be on hand to serve up tasty classic pizzas, piping hot bowls of pasta and our mouth-watering Italian favourites. Bellissimo!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Delicious pizza and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Came here late on Valentines day and was no where near as busy as we were expecting. We were seated "outside" and there was a real buzz in the air. It didn't really make for a romantic meal, however that wasn't important as we really enjoyed ourselves and created a really relaxed and fun atmosphere.
Our waiter was really great, he was Italian, and as we had just been to Rome we showed off some of our Italian. He was impressed.
On the whole excellent service, our food came really quick (despite it being Valentines day) and was really delicious. I had the Pizza Marco Pollo, I thoroughly recommend

• Visited February 2014

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We visited here on Thursday evening just before seeing Wicked in the Wales Millennium Centre. We got here just before the evening rush. We served by Frankie and he is a very hard worker and couldn't do enough for us. The meal was served pretty quick after ordering. Me and my husband had the lasagne and my kids had a pizza and a Kids Spaghetti Bolognese. They were all beautiful. Deserts were Lush and outstanding.

A Excellent place to visit if your in the Bay.

• Visited April 2014
Pontypool, United Kingdom
“Not a bad meal at all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I decided to have a meal here after visiting the cinema. I'm not a great lover of chain restaurants but I saw that they had a new Sausage Ragu Al Forno on the menu. The service was very good and'the staff very happy and helpful. Service was very quick and it was reasonably busy fir a Tuesday. Apart from confusion from the server as to which table he was serving drinks and food too everything was fine. I had the Ragu and my wife had the tagliotelli. The food was hot and very good. I felt that the Ragu was a little light on the sausage and very hot, not spicy. However is was a very good meal. I had Tiramasu for dessert and it was one of the best I've tasted.

• Visited April 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“nothing to write home about”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We thought we'd give this Bella Italia another chance. We wished we hadn't. The service was not up to others in the chain and the food should have been better and hotter. Also, when I order a pot of tea, I really don't expect a to be brought a pot of hot water and a tea bag. The waitress did not comprehend this when I queried it (not having seen the teabag hidden on the other side of my cup). Oh dear!

• Visited March 2014
Cardiff
“Dr Oetger Pizza from Microwave”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

If this is what you want, cold - lukewarm in places (defrost button probably pressed by mistake) with soggy base then this place is ideal. For £10 for pizza this is wrong. The waiter offered to change but I didn't know what I might get back. First time here and last unfortunately. It was a Shame. Only us in restaurant. Hardly busy. Shame as we came here to celebrate my birthday. ;-(