“Bella italia cardiff bay we won't be coming back”

Bella Italia Cardiff Bay
Ranked #167 of 1,293 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bella Italia have over 100 Italian restaurants across the UK serving pizza, pasta, Italian classics and more, made with ingredients from Italian-family producers.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This used to be a very pleasant place to dine but after our visit today the food was average very over priced service was dreadful (even though there was more staff than customers )and I totally agree with other review about the walk to the toilets the walls really need a good clean so we will not be returning

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Dined with a friend last weekend and have mixed feelings about this place. First off, very nice food and at a reasonable price too. We both ordered pizzas and they were delicious.

However my friend was initially brought the wrong pizza - okay I accept that mistakes happen and to be fair the waiter did come back (only after taking my friend's pizzza away and leaving mine in front of me a good 5 minutes) to offer to keep mine warm so that we could eat at the same time. However not once in this exchange did the gentleman in question say the word 'sorry', not when he brought over the wrong pizza, not when he came back to take mine to keep warm adn nto when he eventually returned with two correct pizzas adn this annoyed us both. The waitress who had taken our drinks order earlier and took our bill did eventually apologise to be fair.

All in all the food was lovely but slightly marred by the confused service - not only the incorrect pizza but being asked by three seperate waiters if either of us wanted pepper and having to try hard to get someone's attention for the bill at the end were not relaxing!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is our third visit to this Bella Italia. I was hoping that it might have improved since last time, but no. From the outside it looks OK but needs a refurbish inside, especially the walk to the toilets and the toilets themselves. Thought food was OK but very overpriced. Side of chips contained about 10 chips and I think that was £3.75.
The only reason we returned was we were using Tesco vouchers but will use them elsewhere next time.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Came here late on Valentines day and was no where near as busy as we were expecting. We were seated "outside" and there was a real buzz in the air. It didn't really make for a romantic meal, however that wasn't important as we really enjoyed ourselves and created a really relaxed and fun atmosphere.
Our waiter was really great, he was Italian, and as we had just been to Rome we showed off some of our Italian. He was impressed.
On the whole excellent service, our food came really quick (despite it being Valentines day) and was really delicious. I had the Pizza Marco Pollo, I thoroughly recommend

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We visited here on Thursday evening just before seeing Wicked in the Wales Millennium Centre. We got here just before the evening rush. We served by Frankie and he is a very hard worker and couldn't do enough for us. The meal was served pretty quick after ordering. Me and my husband had the lasagne and my kids had a pizza and a Kids Spaghetti Bolognese. They were all beautiful. Deserts were Lush and outstanding.

A Excellent place to visit if your in the Bay.