“Mid week dinner”
Review of Cafe Citta

Cafe Citta
Ranked #7 of 1,217 Restaurants in Cardiff
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Mid week dinner”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

What an amazing restaurant! We had a warn welcome from the waitress, we'd booked a table having seen earlier reviews & I would definitely recommend it as the restaurant is very popular but has just a handful of tables.
The owner/chef took us through the special board, which we all agreed sounded amazing, & she said she would be happy to amend any of the dishes for personal preference.
I had olives drizzled in their homemade pesto dressing with homemade warm chunks of bread & blimey was it good! My friends had bruschetta, a stater sized pizza & shell on prawns & everyone's states were outstanding.
There was a great atmosphere, the open kitchen meant we could see the preparation & cooking of all of our meals including flipping of pizza dough in the air!
I had the pizza with new potatoes, rosemary, sea salt & pepper & it was one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten. My friends had the sausage, roasted veg & balsamic dish, carbonara & garlic bread, seafood tagliatelle & the rolled pizza (see pic)
This is a proper little gem of a restaurant, food is amazing, prices are great & service impeccable. Can't rate it highly enough!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“The best pizza I've had”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Last night was my third visit to Café Citta, and I really should have made a review earlier. Superb, reasonably priced food and friendly, enthusiastic service. Last night I was there with friends, but I've previously been with my wife and also at lunchtime with two children. The children's menu is good, but also a smaller portion of anything on the menu can be made for children too.
It's small, cosy and often fully booked. Some people might see that as negative, but I think it adds to the charm! Book in advance.

• Visited May 2014
Katy
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Cafe Citta is a ver small, very quaint cafe. Don't let the size fool you. The food is the best Italian in Cardiff. The small size allows them to make every order fresh. I ate here twice on my visit. Would have made it three, but all the tables were booked. Thus my tip is to make reservations....you won't regret it.

Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Delicious food and very friendly staff made our evening here very enjoyable. Will definitely come back next time we're in Cardiff

1 Thank Alex M
San Francisco, California
“Homey italian”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were in Cardiff for the day and decided to stop in based on the TripAdvisor reviews. It is a small and cozy place with a friendly staff.

The food was all cooked to order and delicious. I had one of the specials which was a chicken pasta dish in a creamy sauce, my husband ordered sausages and vegetables. This place is obviously a labor of love for the family who owns it.

• Visited May 2014