“What a scrumptious little gem!”
Review of Cafe Citta

Cafe Citta
Ranked #4 of 1,317 Restaurants in Cardiff
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Walk too fast down church street and you'll miss it. We were drawn in from the smell of garlic after a coach home from London. Exhausted this was a treat that we needed. My parter who thinks of himself as a pizza connoisseur said it was the best pizza we ever had, ordering another one to take home! And I ordered. We've been twice in a week definitely out new Italian favourite

Write a ReviewReviews (1,546)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The bruschetta, pizza and garlic bread were fresh and very good. The atmosphere was electric and it real felt like we were abroad with the nice weather and the cafe's style! Would definitely go again!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Pre Dolly meal with wife and daughter plus partner, (24/06/14) best Pizza base that I have tasted and my wife who is extremely fussy when it comes to food found the Tagliatelle cooked to perfection. You won't get a better Italian meal in Cardiff and the prices speak for themselves you won't be disappointed. P.S got to say th staff are fantastic and appear to enjoy working there as much as I do eating there.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

As the title suggests I think this was a bit of a let down. I ate here quite recently, after seeing the plethora of positive reviews.

We went in and were sat at a very cramped table. That said this was due to the fact they were extremely busy. I don't want the following to come across like I am slating the restaurant, you wouldn't be that busy and have this many positive reviews for nothing. This day though we must have been unlucky.

I had Garlic Bread to start, granted it's hard to be blown away by such a dish but I did expect more.

I had a pizza for my main and my partner had a chicken pasta. My pizza was ok, nothing special. The main issue was when I looked at the sleeve of my shirt it was drenched in olive oil/grease. This was from the table and not me putting my wrists on the plate.

The Hazelnut snaps that came with the bill were maybe the nicest part of the meal, there was no warning though so nut allergy sufferers beware!

3/5 I may give it another go, but I'm not in a rush too.

2  Thank OnlyBeingHonest2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

One of the best restaurants in Cardiff and after several visits we can confirm that it never disappoints. This restaurant is all about good food and great service. The menu is not very large but food is amazing.