“Check in rip off”

Ranked #37 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
Cambs Uk
“Check in rip off”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Be aware if you arrive before 3pm for your room , you will get charged £10. Reception did not say anything till I checked in. Car park costs £18.40 Plus one nights stay cost £151.50. I would expect free wi-fi and free early check in if a room was available, and a hairdryer. We normally pay around £100 a night and get everything included even breakfast. Also no channel four.
We stayed at holiday inn express the night before for £80, got free Wi-Fi,free parking , hairdryer and a breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

we enjoyed out stay . the room was clean and tidy. only down side we was at the front of the building and here was a pub with live music every nht so was very noisy so couldn't open the window. also a minor thing was no remote for tv in room. nhad to ask for hairdryer.
the room we stayed in was right next door to the main hall door so was disturbed by people going in and out did ask reception to put a notice on door requesting people shut it quietly but did .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was my 6th visit to Travelodge Cardiff Queen Street. My last stay/ short experience was horrible, and I had to request for a refund – it was that horrible and unacceptable. I had to come down to the reception 5 times for various reasons

1. The keys I was handed were not working (this happened to me previously too ) keys were not working. 2. Secondly, on getting into the room, I saw the room was not set (the pic of the bed is attached for your reference) .3. on my third trip to the reception , I was given a key to a room that was already occupied.4. I came down to the reception again , this time I was given a new room key . Again, the room didn’t have bed sheets, and duvet was not set. I got told by a lady on the floor that I should wait for sometime while they get the duvets and bedsheets arranged from another hotel. I stayed at my room for 12 minutes- didn’t hear anything from the team. 5. came down for the 5th time, staff didn’t apologise, and rather I was informed that they are doing best. I was told that they were running out of duvets!!! , and that one of the members has gone out to collect duvets from a different hotel .

Finally, I had to request for my refund. The lady on the reception - didn’t even apologise, and she made me feel (through her facial reaction) that I should have chosen a much premier hotel. I got a refund, and went to Angels hotel by the Castle - paid £20 less than what I paid at Travelodge.

I must say, Travelodge is reasonably a good hotel chain, and I stay at Travelodge MOST of the times- but on this occasion Travel Lodge Cardiff Queen street - was pathetic and I cannot stand to see some of the staff faces there again. Especially those two pregnant ladies. they didn’t even apologise to a disabled old man who had to come down to activate their keys . the old man came down the stairs with his leg support , and he was not even empathised . What a crap team Travel Lodge Cardiff queen street has got this time ?
There is serious need to change things at this branch

Room Tip: Dont choose it - save yourself some money
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank amaraber

Travellers are raving about these Cardiff hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A group of 12 stayed here weekend of 4th July - avoid this hotel - I am in the process of complaining to head office. The assistant manager and manager are the two rudest people I have ever met and actually reduced a member of staff to tears in front of us. The assistant manager also told us the reason the lift stopped was that we were all too heavy to use it - we range from a size 12 to size 16. In arrival and note we paid for early check in, we were two if the rooms were all clean just awaiting bedding but the others were fine. On entering one room, the room had not been cleaned there was rubbish strewn everywhere the bathroom had part of the bed in it and there was filth all over the carpets. We were assured these rooms would be rectified, one room was rectified by 5pm, one if he other rooms after complaining yet again at 6pm still had no bedding and there was a picture laying on the carpet, plus no hoovering had taken place. At 1030 there was still no bedding so I went back down and the night staff knew nothing about it. But they went and did the beds immediately, Toby a member if e night staff team went above and beyond and was very apologetic. In the morning I spoke with the manager - her response not my fault wasn't on my list I gave it to someone else to do - the hotel is dirty and situated opposite a night club that doesn't shut till 4am, the stay from start to finish was diabolical - I will be reverting back to prem inns - please do not stay here - I would also add the quilt was stained so were the pillows!

Room Tip: There isn't ine
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends