“City Center convince”

Travelodge Cardiff Central Queen Street
Ranked #37 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Ideal for going out as there are loads of bars and clubs around.

If you need a good night's sleep then avoid as it is very busy with everyone going out until the late hours, But if you the life of the party then this is for you

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Cardiff Central Queen Street

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Worst sleep ever had in a hotel. The room was so hot it was unbearable. Window would only open an inch for safety reasons but there was no ventilation at all, it was like trying to sleep in a sauna! We told the receptionist who just said the window wouldn't open any further for safety reasons and acknowledged it was very hot - helpful! The first night was spent tossing and turning (and sweating!). The second night was even worse - again the room was unbearably hot but we were also woken around 3a.m by people shouting, swearing and slamming doors in the corridor. Mr partner got out of bed (should I say off the bed as it was too hot to get under covers!) to see through our spy hole in the door that there was trouble in the hallway with some men and women which the security guard was doing his best to deal with. The doors continued to be slammed and the women shouting and talking for nearly an hour. In the morning we went to checkout and explained about the unbearable heat in the room and got told by another receptionist that we should have asked for a fan!! Why didn't the first receptionist offer us one? I went on to complain about the disturbance in the night and the receptionist didn't seem aware of how to deal with my complaint and wouldn't even look at me when I spoke to her. Another woman came out from the back office and dealt with my complaint more efficiently and said we would be refunded half of our stay (£80) and would receive a voucher to use in any travel lodge via email. This was 2 weeks ago and we have not received anything. Ideal position for centre of Cardiff - can put up with noise from pubs/clubs but not willing to put up with noise/disturbance in the actual hotel - Do not stay here if the weather is warm!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie J
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hottest most uncomfortable room I have ever stayed in my life even beat the tropics. No ventilation in the room what so ever no, 3 windows radiated heat into the room and only one of the windows opened about an inch not even the extractor fan in the bathroom worked. Don't stay here if it is going to be warm

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andysh99
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a brilliant stay here. We came down to Cardiff for a wedding and the hotel was perfectly placed for central Cardiff. The room was just perfect for us, had everything we needed. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. We were initially worried about the noise of the city but actually we were pleasantly surprised, it was completely quiet and peaceful. We had a great night sleep!

The best thing about the hotel was its staff. Right from the beginning we were made to feel warmly welcomed by Tom on the front desk. He kindly went out his way to help us find directions to our wedding party and gave us excellent suggestions were to go in the city. When you stay in budget hotels you kind of get used to a frosty reception, so it was such a pleasure to stay somewhere where you felt like it had 4 star hospitality and they actually cared!

Thank you for a great stay and will definitely see you next time we are in Cardiff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Perfect for families, quiet, spacious and proper childrens beds (1 place in Cardiff has a bunk over the parents heads - not a travelodge!) A wonderful nights sleep and we were given two fans to keep us cool which they did, the shower was easy to use and beautiful linen and soft towels. Stunning choice for breakfast, well worth having and delicious! Shops nearby - this ones near Superdrug, just of Queen Street - locals were not sure when we asked for directions but that made it more fun to find. Definately returning in 4 weeks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I don't think I stayed in the same hotel as some recent reviews!!

I have to say I was very surprised how much of a great experience we had staying here for 2 nights, Friday 11 - Sunday 13 July.
I made this booking at 2 weeks notice before attending the speedway GP due to the original accommodation I had booked 1 year earlier to be told the hotel had been sold so no booking & after reading some reviews after I had booked I was thinking what have I done booking there.

From the minute myself & 11 year old son checked in on the Friday to checking out on the Sunday all the staff where so friendly and helpful they couldn't do enough for you (only met the day time staff). I did phone the hotel a couple of days before arrival asking for a room located to the rear of the hotel due to the comments regarding the noise from the nightclub over the road which they did for me. The room had been recently refurbished, was spotless clean yes warm but bearable & so peaceful.

Breakfast was basic but still good.

Location was perfect for the Millennium Stadium about 5 minutes walk, perfect for shopping bang in the middle of the shopping area.

Will be re-booking here for next years speedway GP when rooms go on sale.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We where looking for A hotel for A couple of nights . We where meeting my partners Dad so needed A basic hotel . We arrived on 5-5-14 . Paid £10.00 for early check in which was fine and what I expected . The room was fine everything worked it was What you expect from this type of hotel . Bed was fine . The 2 days flew bye world stay again

Room Tip: I think the high flloor are better