Courtfield Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cardiff
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Grand Hotel(Cardiff)
Wynford Hotel(Cardiff)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsb bexcellent hostsvictorian housecity centrebute parkoriginal featuresshort walkcastle groundscricket groundsingle roombreakfast roomhome from homeeach morningfantastic staycooked breakfastcomfortable stayvisit cardiff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Lovely friendly welcome, spotless rooms and a delicious breakfast. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Julie A
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We had a wonderful time in Cardiff, and were very pleased to be staying at the Courtfield Hotel. Keith and Norman, the proprietors, couldn't have been nicer. The room was spacious, lovely and clean, and the hotel is within easy walking distance of the city center. Breakfasts were delicious and made to order. We felt very much at home, and would gladly stay at the Courtfield again if we have the good fortune to visit Cardiff again, which we hope to do some day.

Nora and Mike from Oakland, California

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nora P
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We spent the August Bank Holiday here and really enjoyed our stay. The hosts Norman & Keith were very welcoming and showed us round the hotel and gave us tips on where to eat and what to see. The room was kept clean and the breakfasts were excellent with everything freshly prepared to set us up for the day. The bus is just down the road but we mainly walked through the parks to the city centre. The nearby pub which Keith recommended the Cricketers did fantastic food much more than the usual pub grub with a gourmet chef. The Castle & the Millenium Stadium in town and a short bus ride to Cardiff Bay together with Cardiff's vibrant night scene for all tastes made this a most enjoyable weekend break with the hotel providing a quiet retreat . Looking forward to going again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavPet_10
Reviewed 23 August 2011

It was a city besiged by English and Welsh fans waiting for a 'friendly' pre international rugby play, and I had cleverly booked this hotel the year before knowing that it would be very hard to find accomodation at this time.
I walked from the bus station through Cardiff centre and up Cathedral road hoping that I would come across the hotel quickly so I could rush back out for a spot of shopping. I was greeted by the owner, Keith who booked me in quickly and showed me up to my own 'wing' who he assured me was the quietest room in the hotel.
He was right and my first night was bliss without kids, followed by a superb cooked breakfast. The subsequent night was much the same, although I must say a wedding of a friend had dulled my senses a little, but I did not hear any rugby ruccus....
Fantastic little hotel, situated near Cardiff centre, castle, parks, etc, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet wing!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna L
Reviewed 24 July 2011

From the moment we arrived we felt at home, the welcome was great and all through our stay whenever we wanted any help it was forthcoming.........nothing seemed too much trouble. As a real bonus and for people staying in Cardiff in the future the Hotel is full of pictures/photographs of old Cardiff. Stay there and you will hear lots about the history of Cardiff. The Hotel itself is situated in a great area, close to the City Centre; just a walk through the park .....Cardiff Castle is also just a walk through the park. The 'bus service is very good and whenever we needed help as to which 'bus to catch we got it. We were also told about the water-bus, another great way of getting around. As regards what to see, I guess we were spoiled for choice, but we found the Cardiff Bay walk absolutely brilliant, a "not to be missed" experience. Also do not miss the Castle and the Millenium Centre and, and, the list goes on! On our last day we followed the suggestion of one of our hosts and found our way to some of the old Arcades in the city, well worth looking at and also Cardiff Market. Our few days finally came to an end........if we do return the only place we would want to stay would be the Courtfield Hotel.....we just felt so at home there and so welcomed. Thank you to both our hosts! Pat and Pam.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends