“Good value money and friendly owners”
Review of Courtfield Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cardiff
Courtfield Hotel
Ranked #6 of 45 Cardiff B&B and Inns
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Good value money and friendly owners”
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Me and a friend stayed at the Courtfield Hotel over the weekend of 11th-14th Feb 2011 for the rugby league millenium magic weekend. Upon arrivel we were greated extremely polity by one of the joint owners Keith who gave us our room keys and told other information i.e breakfast etc. The hotel itself is of a modern style with pictures of Cardiff through the years to also give it a nostalgic feel.During our stay we were made to feel very welcome by both the owners Keith and Norman and I can say the breakfast was also very nice to. The hotel itself is literally a 5-10 minute walk from the centre of Cardiff and Cardiff castle. Thier are also various pubs/ restaurants nearby. Overall I would recommed this hotel to anyone and would definatly stay again. Any questions feel free to contact me.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Chris_Lancs1984

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
norwich
Reviewed 11 December 2010

I have never experianced any problem with my stays there and will continue going unless i can not get a room.It has all the facillities i require at a very valuable price.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Sniffer45
Denbigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2010

Great breakfast, clean rooms and good hospitality...... stayed in Cardiff to watch the rugby -pressie for my Dad's 80th ..... would definitely stay at the Courtfield again... Hi Norman & Keith!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Flintshire
Reviewed 26 November 2010

This was my second stay at the Courtfield Hotel both business trips from North Wales to the Capitol, when I go away all I want is a clean room, clean bed and in the morning a good breakfast to set me up for the day. I had all this on both occasions and also good conversation with the owner who is very proud of Cardiff and has around the Hotel framed prints of Cardiff through the ages.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
weekendguy from london
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Around this time every year Cardiff puts up the Winter-Wonderland. Dominated by a real-ice skating ring, a refreshment marquee and a huge ferris wheel, it is complimented by a ghost house and stalls offering fun and games.

This year I decided to enjoy the Wonderland over a full weekend and naturally chose to stay at the Courtfield Hotel, because having stayed there on several occasions in the past, I have been more than satisfied.

Upon arriving I was welcomed by the proprietors with their usual warmth and friendliness, then intrigued to be asked: “Would you like to sample olde world charm?” Upon asking what was being offered I was ushered upstairs to a room with a difference: bay fronted windows, tasteful decor and a stunning bedspread on the very comfortable bed harked back to Victorian times! Of course the television reminded me that it was 2010, but then I would want a tele, wouldn’t I? The room was amply warmed by the fitted radiators, but an additional electric heater peeked out of a corner for guests who like it hot! I didn’t need it during my stay.

However, the real Victoriana was in the ensuite bathroom/toilet: a glistening white triangular corner bath! I am normally a shower type, but it was an experience luxuriating in this unique bath within the well heated (double glazed) bathroom. Of course there was the odd day I was in a hurry and wanted a shower: no problem, a well appointed shower room was just ten paces down the corridor.

It was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend, thanks to Courtfield Hotel and the Winter-Wonderland. I heartily recommend both!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2010

Booked this hotel for the Cardiff half marathon weekend, when we arrived we asked the owner were the Marathon was starting from & he told us it was by the Castle, well we happened across a running shop & found that the start was at Mermaid quay which is at least 3 miles from where we were told, you would think that a Hotelier would know where one of the biggest events (outside of rugby) in Cardiff was taking place.
The room was cold & smelt & felt damp, the radiator didn't work, the windows were rattly & draughty, the bed was lumpy (we even slept with our clothes on in case we caught something from the sheets) there was no shower, just a huge old corner bath - no chance of a quick shower in the morning, the plug on the sink was missing, the toilet seat was broken.
Probably the WORST place we've stayed in - never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Antwerp
Reviewed 18 November 2010

We spent 3 nights at the Courtfield Hotel. Nice surroundings and close to the city centre (10' walk) while also easily accessible and with non-restricted parking on the road.
Norman and Keith give you a warm welcome (thanks for the Dutch !).
Rooms are airy and tidy, full English breakfast was greatly enjoyed on some cold and rainy autumn days. Possibility to have internet access.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple