We stayed here over the weekend of the 6 nations Ireland and Wales match, and the result of that match was the only fault during our stay. :)
The staff here are just fantastic. They really go the extra mile. Thanks especially to the girls on reception that weekend. They have clearly been well trained and made us feel so welcome straight away. The bedroom was clean and comfortable. We were checking out on a Monday and called reception looking for some Orange Juice and toast to help cure the hangover before we started packing. The receptionist explained that there is no room service for breakfast, but since it was quiet at that particular time, she went and got us toast and OJ herself and dropped it up to us! It was unnecessary and she did not have to do that, but it was so appreciated!!!!
We dined in the restaurant in the Hotel the first night, and the food was gorgeous! We were just expecting some pub grub, nothing special, but instead enjoyed a three course meal, on their 'meal deal' with a gorgeous bottle of wine, and perfect attentive service. Really impressed.
The bus to the City Centre is 30 seconds walk, and a taxi back that night was only 12pounds! This will definitely be our retreat for all future visits to Cardiff and I would recommend it to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're on the road for business or pleasure, the Premier Inn Hotel Cardiff (Roath) is a quiet, convenient place to pull in for a pit stop - just off the A48 for easy access into or out of the city. If you're here for the high life you'll have all the shops, sports and show action right on hand. Or if you're focused on work, we're in a great spot for getting to Newport Road, the Welsh Assembly and the city centre. And when it's time for a rest, our spacious rooms and cosy beds will make sure you get a great night's shut eye. Next door to a David Lloyd Leisure Club. Directions: Westbound: M4 (J29) A 48M. Take 3rd slip road For Cardiff (E) docks and Cardiff Bay. Eastbound: M4 (J30) A48M Take 2nd slip road for Cardiff (E) docks and Cardiff Bay. FTurn right at Morrisn's onto Ipswich road, at the road and enter David Llyod Leisure Club car park and follow purple signs for the hotel. Transport and local information: Cardiff International Arena Events Millennium Stadium Events Cardiff Castle & Tredegar House Cardiff Central Train Station 2.5 miles Cardiff Airport 15 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Premier Inn Cardiff (Roath) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Cardiff (Roath) Hotel Cardiff
- Premier Inn Cardiff (Roath) Hotel Wales