Austins Guesthouse
US$109
Marriott Hotels
US$106
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$94
  • Room Service
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$101
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$80
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$88
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
US$192
US$185
  • Restaurant
All reviewsguest housemillennium stadiumcardiff castlesmall kitchenetteshared bathroomsingle roomgreat locationcity centrewatch the footballminute walk to the castlecleaned dailyfree wifiquiet areatea and coffeetrain stationclean tidytwo nights
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Austins11, Owner at Austins Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed a couple of nights, didn't find the staff as friendly as other people have mentioned. The parking was horribly tight and difficult to maneuver, the roller door to get in was always closed and not automated so it became a bit of a pain to come and go. The toilet/shower door didn't close properly and had no lock. The toilet also had a bad odour coming from it which stunk the whole room out. Location was perfect.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Backthepac
Austins11, Owner at Austins Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thanks for your review and I'm sorry we were unable to reach your expectations. This has been noted and we will endeavour to keep trying to improve.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was one of the worst nights sleep that I have ever had away from home.
The room was right next to the front door of the hotel and you heard everyone that came and went from early to late and all in between. And the smokers on the doorstep at midnight; a sign requesting some consideration and a better door closer would benefit all
Outside this door was some horrible smelling rubbish from the neighbouring house; on this hot day with windows open you could smell this from inside the room. You would like they would move it.
The television did not work well
The bathroom was good but not next to the room as described when booking.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CTHTravelUK
Austins11, Owner at Austins Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

We do try very hard to make everyone who stays with us very welcome and happy. This is not always possible with everyone.

It was unfortunate in this case that it was the hottest day of the year, the bin men were due to arrive to take rubbish away next morning and next doors rubbish did smell. Not nice but something outside of our control. The television works great - I have tried and tested it myself so I'm not sure what the complaint is all about. Being disturbed during the late evening by other guests having a smoke outside - well blame the government for imposing the smoking ban - what am I supposed to do ? Ban all guests who smoke from going outside?

No no the long and the short of it is that "You can not please ALL of the People All of the time" and what this complainant fails to state in his review WE GAVE HIM A FULL REFUND !!!!! So because he did not have a great night and did not enjoy his time with us - it cost him nothing because we gave him his money back. Readers of this review are welcome to come to their own conclusions over this one.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My son and I stayed here after the world round of the speedway on July 12th. I did try and get in for the whole of the duration of our stay in Cardiff (Thurs to Tues) but this little guesthouse is so popular, all the speedway fans book it up year after year so we were only able to stay from Sunday to Tuesday instead. We had a superior twin room and it was absolutely lovely. The room was spotlessly clean with beautiful comfy beds which smelled so fresh as well. We stayed in Austins 2 and you go to Austins 1 for breakfast but it is no hassle as it is only next door but one! We had the full English breakfast which was nicely cooked and served by a very friendly lady. We found all the staff to be exceptionally nice and very helpful. We were not leaving until 3.45pm and though we had to vacate our room by 10.30am, they very kindly let us leave our suitcase with them until we had to catch our train. It is in very close proximity to the train station, Cardiff Castle and the main high street. We are returning next year for the speedway and only wish we could stay here again. Would recommend this little gem to anybody staying in Cardiff. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The superior rooms have a small kitchenette which is well worth the extra money per night
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Austins11, Owner at Austins Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your great review. All my team will be delighted to read your comments and I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us. Yes the Speedway is a very popular event but I remember you well. Please feel free to e-mail me direct at any time and I will do my best to fit you in next year. We enjoy welcoming returning guests and try to make them special. You are always welcome at our house.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My 18 year old friend stayed here with 5 of his friends near the beginning of their 4 week long backpacking tour around Europe. They said it was by far the cleanest, nicest guest house they stayed in throughout the month and also raved about the full English breakfast! They went to Cardiff to do a Dr Who tour, so I booked this place based on reviews, proximity to the Dr Who museum and price. I was trying to find somewhere reasonable, clean and ideally where they could have either one big room or a couple of rooms for 3. This place has lots of such options. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean and comfortable/well equipped. The owner/manager was great at responding to my emails about rooms/location and was very professional/nice to deal with. Though I didn't see/stay at the place myself, these young men are used to staying in decent hotels and didn't give great reviews to many of the other places they stayed at, so I feel confident that this is an accurate description. They also commented that the beds were very comfy!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your excellent review of Austins - much appreciated. Very good to know all the boys enjoyed their stay here with us. They were a lovely group of young lads and you should be proud of them. The fact we were the best place they stayed during their European trip is very pleasing to us and all me staff will be very happy to know this. Thanks again and remember you are always welcome at our house.