Novotel Cardiff Centre
US$65
US$157
US$151
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$141
US$121
US$116
  • Pool
Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$83
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$101
Orbitz.com
Sandringham Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$59
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$93
Travelocity
2,297 results
All reviewsx boxexecutive roomswimming poolcar parkthe sofa bedleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkper daymodern hotelgood sizecoffee machinegreat facilitieschanging roomsreception staffcardiff centrewould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stayed here with 3 workmates in early October. I arrived in Cardiff by train and the hotel is a short taxi ride (10 minutes in traffic) from the train station. My 3 colleagues used the parking facilities which were ample. We all chose this Novotel on the basis of its central location and value for money.
Unfortunately I can't comment on the restaurant facilities as we ate out at Cardiff Bay as guests of a supplier. The hotel was an easy 15 minute walk to the Restaurant and Bar area at the Bay.
The reception staff were very efficient at check in and out and the rooms were excellent with plenty of power points for laptop and mobile chargers, etc. Single occupancy Queen bed was very comfortable.
If I visit Cardiff again then this hotel would be my first choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you and your colleagues enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Cardiff Centre. I am also delighted to understand that you would consider the hotel as your 'first choice' on your next visit to Cardiff.

I hope that i can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Caution: my reviews err on the side of the positive to consider the 'bigger picture'.

My husband and I were visiting family in nearby Penarth, and the Novotel was an excellent base for a two night stay. Can't comment on whether it was easy to find as we always had a lift there from people familiar with its location. About a 10-15 minute walk to the Red Dragon Centre and the bay to the south, and under seven minutes to John Lewis and one end of the city centre (meaning it's furthest from the stadium and the castle if you're not a walker!).

Room: contemporary and basic, airy and certainly spacious. Basic linen and towelling with mod cons as listed by other reviewers (kettle, refreshments, mini bar). A good hairdryer, iron and enough clothing storage. We noticed the curtains needed fixing (holey) and the bath could do with some Mr Muscle down the plug as when using the shower it filled up.

Facilities: the bar area was spacious and modern with very friendly barmen. Plenty of choice on the menu, although we didn't eat. Drinks in line with normal hotel charges, and a fair amount of choice. Free 20 minute Mac use, and even an X Box which were nice touches. Swimming pool and area clean, steam and sauna in good working order - all areas were nice and warm.

Hospitality: the receptionist on Saturday was friendly but gave no information about the hotel, didn't make any small talk to promote the hotel, or told us when to check out (there was nothing in the room either, so we hazarded a guess at 11am). Reception always seemed quite busy even today on a Monday, but lots of guests so to be expected. Cleaners always said hello, and generally there was a relaxed atmosphere.

Overview: great for business travellers for two to three nights, not overly romantic for couples, seemed to attract a lot of families too. A good, functional hotel if you don't plan on doing much more than eating and sleeping there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at the Novotel Cardiff Centre and that you were complimentary of the hotel services and facilities.

I hope that on your next visit to Cardiff you choose to stay with us and i hope to welcome you both back again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

THe hotel is central food is excellent but could do with more staff on reception staffing seems to be an issue but the staff can not be faulted they are very helpful the food at breakfast and in the evening is of good quality

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Edward M
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you for your review following your stay at the Novotel Cardiff Centre. I am delighted that you enjoyed the quality of the cuisine at the hotel and hope that we can welcome you back agin soon.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Easy to find with a large secure carpark. 10 minutes walk to City centre, great place for shopping. Went to Jamie Oliver's Restaurant although plenty of choice. The hotel was part new build and part conversion of a wharf warehouse with lots of character features remaining. Lovely large bedroom with huge but hard bed. Luxury bathroom with sep shower. The bath was a bit narrow. The breakfast was fab with loads of choice ( buffet style). There is a great modern leisure area with card room, weights room, lovely swimming pool, spa pool and steam room. Free Apple Mac computers to use in lobby. We would stay here again. Bring your swimwear!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and you were both able to enjoy the facilities of the hotel. I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed two nights here and found it very good value for money. The hotel is nicely decorated with an impressive foyer and modern, comfortable bedrooms. The location is a short walk to the centre of Cardiff, I had no problems with the walk - yes you have to cross a busy road but there are plenty of pedestrian crossings along it. Our room was very spacious, and I really liked having a sofa in the room so we could sit down and relax in the evenings.

We ate in the bar on our first night - the food was nice but a bit expensive. The breakfast is also very expensive unless you get it included in a package. We normally book room-only in cities and have breakfast out in a cafe, but found Cardiff had a very poor selection of places to get breakfast so we ended up just staying in the hotel on our second morning. It was good though with plenty of choice and the hot food buffet was kept refreshed.

Overall I really enjoyed our stay though there were a few minor things: firstly,it would be nice to have free wireless in the rooms, secondly, the hotel was difficult to find so additional signposting would be helpful and lastly, there were some car break-ins while we were there so be careful of what you leave on show in your car.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CeeCee_Ireland

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased that you found the hotel impressive and comfortable and thank you for your feedback.
I hope that on your next visit to Cardiff you will choose to saty with us agin.