My partner and I stayed at this hotel for two days in late Dec 12. We arrived by taxi from Cardiff central railway station which was a short 5 min ride. Upon check in we found the reception staff to be very cheery, professional and eager to be of service, warm smiles all round. We made our way to our room on the 3rd floor, on entering we were very impressed with size of the room. It was very modern, clean and inviting. The king size bed was wonderful and comfy as was the bed linen. Wifi is not free however, there are apple computers in the lobby which are for the use of hotel guests including free Internet. The bathroom is very modern and appealing. There is a separate bath shower and plenty of space to move around, the toiletries are the standard offerings at Novotel properties worldwide. The bath linen is adequate and reflects appropriately the 4 star rating. There is a comprehensive minibar and great tea, bickies and coffee offerings. The TV is a large flatscreen and was of a better than average quality. We ate in on two occasions and found both the service and food quality to be very good indeed. Our room rate included buffet breakfast and this was absolutely fantastic!; well prepared and generous offerings with great and friendly service to complete a sensational breakfast experience. Overall I really liked this hotel, it's position in relation to downtown Cardiff is a little off the beaten track and commands a 10 min walk to the city centre. That said it is a lovely quiet location only 10-15 mins walk to lovely Cardiff bay in the other direction. I should also mention that they have a stunning indoor pool which looked most inviting. One small criticism however, upon requesting an umbrella for a rainy days sightseeing none was available, this should be quickly rectified in a city as wet as Cardiff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Cardiff Centre is a 4 star hotel perfect for your next break in Cardiff. Close to live sports action at the Principality Stadium, entertainment at the Motorpoint Arena and plenty of shops, restaurants and bars in the City Centre or Cardiff Bay. Enjoy our Restaurant and Bar, well equipped leisure facilities including; superb 15m indoor swimming pool, Resistance and Cardio gyms, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Guests will find free WiFi internet throughout the Hotel. For business needs, we have nine meeting rooms including The Warehouse function room, a fabulous venue for weddings and conferences alike. 120 Parking spaces at GBP 12 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Cardiff Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Cardiff Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Hotel Accor Cardiff Centre
- Cardiff Novotel
- Novotel Cardiff Centre Wales