“Excellent Hotel”

Novotel Cardiff Centre
Ranked #13 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Only stayed for one night but will be back staff were friendly and polite, food was good, drinks a bit pricey but the location was quiet and one of the best nights sleep I ever had. Rooms were clean and tidy as well as functional.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank John F
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your excellent review.

I am delighted that you were pleased with the serivce, food, room cleanliness/functionality and that you had the 'best nights sleep' ever!

I hope that next time, you will enjoy another great stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed here just the one night, arriving late and leaving mid morning but after a long flight and drive, very impressed.

It's certainly a place you probably need a car for ( nearly 10 pounds a day for parking though) but also a quiet area conducive to a good night's sleep.

Rooms are nice, all the facilities you'd expect for hotel of this level, decent flat screen TV, good bathroom. Very nice bed, slept very well.

Breakfast was the best I've experienced from any hotel in a long time in a lovely breakfast room. Good choice, good quality and good quantities, arare combination. The english breakfast options were fabulous.

Service was fine, cheerful and efficient.

Compared to the city centre hotels, much better price for same standard which is really why I chose it. Will stay here again next time I come to Cardiff.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Mupple
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you had a 'great' stay at the Novotel Cardiff Centre and that you were impressed by the hotel.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed your room, your service experience and the cuisine.

I hope that I may be able to welcome you back again next time.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed at Novotel Cardiff Centre two nights after having a previous stay in 2011. I cannot speak more highly of the quality and service. I stayed at a number of places in the Uk in October and the Novotel Cardiff Centre was the best by a long shot. The room was neat, pleasant and comfortable. The facilities were clean, looked new and everything worked. The restaurant was good for dinner (maybe greater variety would help) and excellent for breakfast both mornings. I love using the pool and enjoyed doing some morning laps on both days. The staff were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. My second stay there in 2 years, I was on my own this time but if I can afford it would love to return with my wife and children. I really had nothing to complain about. I was on a tight budget and stayed at some lesser quality places during my trip. Novotel Cardiff Centre was the most pleasant place I stayed in. Very happy customer would stay again if the price is right. Well done to staff and management!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Michael D
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for your excellent review and kind comments.

I am dleighted that you chose to return to the hotel and that on both occasions, you have left wanting to return again.

I look forward to sharing your comments with the team and hope that I may have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back next time.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Well-designed new hotel. Our room was stylish, functional, and had a very large balcony with room for a table and four chairs. The staff was professional and uniformed. The hotel bar was relaxing. The gym was crowded both times I tried to use it since the let townspeople in to use the gym and pool. It was noticeable that the jacuzzi and Turkish bath were a pickup area for gay men, so maybe not the best pool for families. We had a problem getting to the tourist sites from the hotel. The bus stop was far and Tesco was about a half hour walk one way.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank alvec

Thank you for your rating.

I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay overall and particularly your room, Hotel Bar and staff service.

In addition, I was surprised to read your other comments, particulalry when the Novotel Cardiff is ranked the best 4 star family friendly hotel in Cardiff. (On TripAdvisor)

Please note that a bus stop is located just outside the hotel with links accross the city and should you decide to return, staff will be happy to direct you.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We came back here after our first trip 5 years ago. The spa is excellent and the staff all very helpful. The sound proofing isexcellent and the mattress was comfortable.
What would have made it 5 stars?
1. A bed that is attached to it's headboard. Every time we sat back in bed to read the bed went whooshing forward. I'm sure the bed last time had a better design. Can't you screw it to the wall or something?
2. Instructions on how to work the heating system/ aircon
3. Cooked breakfasts in buffet form don't look appetising. Can you cook it in smaller batches so the baked beans don't go mushy and the bacon stays crisp? The poached eggs were good but the mass produced scrambled egg didn't look very tasty.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank morag1
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for your review and feedback.

I am pleased that overall, you enjoyed your second visit to the hotel and whilst the staff are available to provide any assistance with air con instructions, please rest assured that your additional comments will be discussed, investigated and addressed by the Management Team.

I hope that on reflection, you will decide to return to the hotel in the future whereupon I hope you will be provided with a genuine hassle-free stay.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Just stayed at the Novotel Cardiff for a few days. I was really impressed. I've been travelling a lot this year and have had some dodgy experiences in hotels, but this Novotel in Cardiff was excellent. Great value for money, great service, friendly atmosphere, clean rooms, quiet surrounds, found location to the city centre. If you are going to a Cardiff, stay here. It's well worth staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Joanne S
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for your excellent review.

I am delighted that you were 'impressed' by the Novotel Cardiff Centre and that the value, service, atmosphere, cleanliness and location stood out for you.

I hope that on your next visit to Cardiff, I may have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed in an executive room which was really good - comfortable and spacious. Our dog was allowed to stay for £15 a night which we thought was good considering the high standard of the hotel. We stayed with dinner, bed, and breakfast - so much choice and excellent food. Our room was very quiet, could imagine we were the only ones here. Short walk to central shopping area, and also not far to the redeveloped bay area. Staff all lovely and very helpful. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Pamela W
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your Executive Room upgrade and that you were happy with the room comfort and space. I am also pleased that additional highlights for you were the cuisine and serivce.

I hope that I may be able to welcome you all back again in the future.