This is my first negative review. We researched the hotel through Trip Adviser and thought - why not stay here instead of the usual ones in Cardiff when visiting our son.
The booking process through Booking.com was very slick and I made a note on our "booking" to the staff that we had been enthused to book at Novotel due to its reviews.
On arrival: one member of staff at reception and there was a very long line of people, the phone was ringing and he was very flustered - no staff came to help him. We booked in (was interesting to hear other peoples prices....) on reaching the reservation desk I asked for a paper to be delivered to the room the following morning and for a nice quiet room.
Had a really nice afetrnoon in Cardiff and Cardiff bay in the evening, on returning to our room we made ourselves comfortable and thought time for a nice night of sleep - how very, very wrong we where. It was party party party - from 0200hrs onwards - the corridors was full of people talking and shouting - by 0400hrs we had - had enough and rang reception, the gentleman just said - "I have been up a few times - Ok will come up again" by this time it was 0532hrs and that was it could not sleep.
At 0630hrs - I thought maybe our paper has arrived so popped head out of door - no paper, same again then on each 30mins - checked out around 0830hrs - told reception, no apology except - we hold the papers here at reception, you should have come down.
No apology for the noise, nothing; nada for the poor service - the worst hotel we have stayed in Cardiff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Cardiff Centre is a 4 star hotel perfect for your next break in Cardiff. Close to live sports action at the Principality Stadium, entertainment at the Motorpoint Arena and plenty of shops, restaurants and bars in the City Centre or Cardiff Bay. Enjoy our Restaurant and Bar, well equipped leisure facilities including; superb 15m indoor swimming pool, Resistance and Cardio gyms, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Guests will find free WiFi internet throughout the Hotel. For business needs, we have nine meeting rooms including The Warehouse function room, a fabulous venue for weddings and conferences alike. 120 Parking spaces at GBP 12 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Easy Market Spa, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Cardiff Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Cardiff Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Hotel Accor Cardiff Centre
- Cardiff Novotel
- Novotel Cardiff Centre Wales