“Weekend with friends” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Cardiff Centre

Novotel Cardiff Centre
Ranked #9 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

We used to stay in the Novotel in Cardiff last weekend. As one of the better brands of ACCOR I have expected a little bit more. We arrived very late. The check in was all right but I was a little bit disappointed just in second I got into the room. The rooms are quite simply. No charm and nothing special as I am expecting from a 4 star hotel. You can get a similar room in the TRAVELODGE for less money. I was looking in vain for items in the mini bar, bathrobes for the Spa area, slippers, shampoo...At least the room had a hair dryer. Well done! The next day it was raining all day. I asked for an umbrella at the reception because unfortunately I only had one. But there was no chance to get one. Really, in the UK?
The Spa area was really nice. Lovely gym, pool, steam room and sauna. Unfortunately no special splash times for children and no classes in the gym for the weekend. We were allowed to use it after the check out. Thank you for that.
I can't say something bad about the staff apart of the fact that nobody asked if we had enjoyed our stay. Not a good service.

We did not use the restaurant.

Altogether the service was not bad but not good at all.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

Whilt I am pleased that you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay, I am sorry that you felt that others did not match your expectations.

Please note that with our Executive upgrade, bathrobes and slippers are provided. Within the leisure club, towels and complimentary shampoo are also made available for all guests.

I hope that the positives that you experienced and with the knowledge of the services and facilities that we do offer, you may consider returning to the hotel in the future.

twoollard
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

My Dad and I stayed here for one night; we had come down to watch the Cardiff v West Ham game. I had booked through a third party website and felt it was good value. Not sure what you would pay direct. It's central and a 15 minute walk from Cardiff Bay. We booked a room with a queen bed and a convertible sofa bed - we both slept really well and there was spare linen / pillows in the room for the sofa bed. The hotel is on a corner next to a fairly busy road but we weren't disturbed during the night. The room was a decent size and the bathroom was clean and modern. We had free access to the pool / spa / gym - which was in good condition and we used on both days. They also provide you with a towel so you don't need to take your own. My only grumble was that we had to pay £9 for parking for 24 hours but I expect this is fairly standard for most hotels. I would definitely stay again and struggled to find fault at all!

7 Thank twoollard
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Cardiff Centre. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of your room and leisure facilities.

I hope that next time you will choose to return for another great stay.

Llanelli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I spent two days at the Novotel. The location is excellent with St Davids shopping area only 5 to 10 minutes walk and slightly longer in the other direction to the bay. The rooms are spacious and clean and breakfast was of a high standard. This was my second stay at the hotel and I would certainly consider staying again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

6 Thank boomshanka_10
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you had another great stay on your return to the hotel and that you both enjoyed the services and facilities on offer.

I hope that your next visit will be an even more pleasurable experience.

Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel and yet again it was excellent. This the price was amazing, the hotel was spotless, in every department. On this trip I had dinner and breakfast, the dinner was out of this world, they had a very wide range choice of food on offer but I was only glad it was all part of my deal as some of the prices if you had to purchase your dinned separately were very high, in saying that also found the quality of the food and presentation very high also. In the morning breakfast was yet again a very high standard with a huge range to choose from. I was the pool on a few occasions, the steam room and sauna and they were all very clean as were the changing facilities. The two bad points are, the beds I found not very comfortable, and the very high charge for parking your car, which I think should be free for guests.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

6 Thank David B
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I am delighted that you chose to return to the hotel and enjoyed another great stay.

I hope that I may be able to welcome you back for a third occasion next time you are in Cardiff.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed one night with our 11 year old in a standard room with a double sofa bed which was dead easy to quickly pull out and put back (complete with duvet) which meant we had plenty of floor space. Used the wifi in the room and that was pretty quick.

Didn’t eat in the restaurant but had breakfast and that was good – the usual choices which were kept topped up by loads of staff.

The pool and the gym were used by club members as well as hotel guests but they weren’t too busy over the weekend whilst we were there. They were both a reasonable size for a hotel and the pool even had a lane roped off for swimming.

Finally, about a 10 minute walk into the city centre. Parking in their car park is £9/24hrs but we parked on Schooner Way just outside. Parking there is free all the time although it was quite busy so it might sometimes be a struggle to find a spot.

Would definitely stay here again.

6 Thank ukboarder
Thank you for your great review and feedback.

More importantly, I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay that suited your needs and that you are looking forward to returning again.

I hope that I may be able to welcome you back next time for another great stay.