Novotel Cardiff Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$152
Marriott Hotels
US$138
US$130
US$166
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$120
  • Room Service
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$132
Hilton Cardiff(Cardiff)
US$190
US$173
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$129
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Cardiff Gate(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$54
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$107
Agoda.com
US$162
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,300 results
All reviewsx boxexecutive roomswimming poolcar parkthe sofa bedleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkper daymodern hotelgood sizecoffee machinegreat facilitieschanging roomsreception staffcardiff centrewould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last week and left not too happy . I've stayed here before a few months ago and thought it was ok , this time I was none too happy. I was after a long day at work and all I wanted to do was eat . So I arrived down to eat in the bar as the restaurant was closed due to it being quiet . I walked into the bar and saw three staff chatting at the bar you acknowledged me . I sat down at a table and started reading the menu . I was starving and waited 10minutes but the staff were more interested in chatting than even coming over and asking me was I ok for a drink even.
I walked out and ate in another hotel around the corner . Next time I'll stay in the hotel around the corner .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CorlessGalway
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay.

I am sorry that your experience was not a positive one on this occasion. At Novotel, we pride ourselves on our usually high levels of service but please rest assured, the Management Team discuss all feedback which will be addressed accordingly.

I hope that on reflection, you may consider returning to the hotel whereby we may have the opportunity to prove to you that this isolated experience is not a normal guest experience.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have stayed here once before and it was ok, so I came back and you know what it was ok again. Had an executive room in the old brewery building, big room, was ok. Ate in the bar and it was fine good value too. One comment, I am over 6ft, did not notice at first but the bottom bed sheet did not reach the bottom of the bed, there was a good 6 inches of basically mattress! Effectively 10% missing. I was disappointed - did ask for 10% discount , 10% missing? They were ok and they took care of it. I'll come back. Breakfast could be a little....erm, just try a little harder with ingredients maybe, was not bad but could be a bit better.

Room Tip: The rooms in the old, building are good, however some have small windows.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Matt A
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you felt that your experience left you willing to return. I note your additional comments and am pleased that the staff 'took care of it'.

I hope that I may have the opportunity to welcome you back next time.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We used to stay in the Novotel in Cardiff last weekend. As one of the better brands of ACCOR I have expected a little bit more. We arrived very late. The check in was all right but I was a little bit disappointed just in second I got into the room. The rooms are quite simply. No charm and nothing special as I am expecting from a 4 star hotel. You can get a similar room in the TRAVELODGE for less money. I was looking in vain for items in the mini bar, bathrobes for the Spa area, slippers, shampoo...At least the room had a hair dryer. Well done! The next day it was raining all day. I asked for an umbrella at the reception because unfortunately I only had one. But there was no chance to get one. Really, in the UK?
The Spa area was really nice. Lovely gym, pool, steam room and sauna. Unfortunately no special splash times for children and no classes in the gym for the weekend. We were allowed to use it after the check out. Thank you for that.
I can't say something bad about the staff apart of the fact that nobody asked if we had enjoyed our stay. Not a good service.

We did not use the restaurant.

Altogether the service was not bad but not good at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

Whilt I am pleased that you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay, I am sorry that you felt that others did not match your expectations.

Please note that with our Executive upgrade, bathrobes and slippers are provided. Within the leisure club, towels and complimentary shampoo are also made available for all guests.

I hope that the positives that you experienced and with the knowledge of the services and facilities that we do offer, you may consider returning to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My Dad and I stayed here for one night; we had come down to watch the Cardiff v West Ham game. I had booked through a third party website and felt it was good value. Not sure what you would pay direct. It's central and a 15 minute walk from Cardiff Bay. We booked a room with a queen bed and a convertible sofa bed - we both slept really well and there was spare linen / pillows in the room for the sofa bed. The hotel is on a corner next to a fairly busy road but we weren't disturbed during the night. The room was a decent size and the bathroom was clean and modern. We had free access to the pool / spa / gym - which was in good condition and we used on both days. They also provide you with a towel so you don't need to take your own. My only grumble was that we had to pay £9 for parking for 24 hours but I expect this is fairly standard for most hotels. I would definitely stay again and struggled to find fault at all!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank twoollard

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Cardiff Centre. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of your room and leisure facilities.

I hope that next time you will choose to return for another great stay.