“no complaints”

Novotel Cardiff Centre
Ranked #14 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed for one night in May. We had a perfectly decent room with no view. We didn't have time to use the spa or the pool. It looked popular though.

Easy to get a cab to Cardiff Bay from the hotel or into the city centre.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Leesw8
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.

I am pleased that overall, you both enjoyed your visit to the Novotel and hope that should you have the opportunity to return, that you will be able to enjoy the leisure facilities.

I hope that I may be able to welcome you back next time.

Chris Jones

Write a ReviewReviews (2,221)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our second trip here as we had a great time last time we came.
Unfortunately we were informed by our friendly Spanish check-in lady that breakfst would be £10 each but the British man who checked us out ( early and he did not askwhy or if everything had been ok) asked for payment and when I requested a print out he clealrly looked bored at my request and was very off. I then discovered that we had been charged £29.30 for ourr breakfast a. As he had bbeen so dismissive I did not follw this up but it s clear that the staff do not all know what the appropirate rates are and the attitude of the man checking ous out was not appropriate for someone in a guest-facing role.
Also key cards didn't work on numerous occasions and dirty plates and glasses wewre left outside rooms on our corridor and not cleared away for hours which made it look rather squalid.
Resturant meal was nice as was the lady serving, breakfast was good but as mentioned earlier, price was not what we were quoted.
All in all rather a disappointment and we were not sorry to leave early.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank SuperMumio
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay.

I am sorry that your experience on this occasion did not match your previous stay. I am currently investigating all of your comments with the relevent departments for immediate improvement.

I hope that on reflection, you may consider returning to the Hotel with your family where we will endeavor to demonstrate to you the quality of stay that you have been accustoed to in the past.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here just for one night, easily found and great parking. Had paid a little extra for an superior room, but it was really lovely, spotlessly clean and the most comfy bed!!l Managed to use the pool twice, beautifully clean and sat in the friendly bar for an hour. Paid extra for late check out, and was a little disappointed therefore when housekeeping knocked on my door (I could have left the do not disturb sign on, but did not think it necessary) A nice walk to the city centre. Would definately choose this hotel next time, and maybe even have breakfast this time!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
13  Thank devonlilley
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback and compliments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the highlights for you included, the ease of access, location,cleanliness, room upgrade and leisure facilities.

I hope that I may have the opportunity to welcome you back next time.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Staff on reception, in the bar and the restaurant were all very friendly and helpful. Air-con in room was good and cool (hot weather for once) Nice central location, ideal for shopping and Cardiff bay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
12  Thank Mike A
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your great review and rating.

I am delighted to understand that you both had a pleasant stay with us and that you were pleased with the service experienced, air con and location.

I hope that you will choose the Novotel Cardiff Centre on your next visit, for another great stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Second year of staying here with my hubby and 2 kids, aged 9 and 6 for a weekend break combined with a bit of work. It was even better this year. Rooms are standard, clean and comfy but were the hotel excels is how it caters for families. Firstly, kids loved the pool, which was never too busy meaning we didn't feel like we had to tell our kids to be quiet or watch out for splashing every 5 minutes. Secondly, they have a kids area near reception with games, books, large cushions and an x-box. Kids eat free at breakfast which is superb - everything you could want. This year they had added a pancake maker, which my 2 loved! The children's 3 course meal deal with soft drink could not be faulted, fresh lovely food presented with care by the chef. Then, if all that wasn't good enough - they gave the kids a small gift at reception when we checked out. In particular a dark haired lady who was working behind the bar was really lovely. All in all, it was a great stay with lovely extra touches and I would definitely recommend it. Location is great too! 15 minute walk east to Cardiff Bay and west to the town centre.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
13  Thank Louise D
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review.

We were absolutely thrilled to understand that you and your family had a great return visit to the Novotel Cardiff Centre.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the services and facilities that the Hotel offers and I hope that you will consider returning for a third visit very soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
10  Thank JSS2012
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stay here one night for an event taking place at the Motorpoint Centre. What a great area for a hotel, about 10 minutes walk away from the MPC.
I wished I stayed more than one night as the children loved the pool and all the leisure facilities.
The hotel is modern, style and has exceptional staff. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank cydwel074
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your excellent review and rating.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed a 'great stay' and that the highlights for you included the location, service and leisure facilities.

I hope that you may choose to return again in the future, where I may have the opportunity to welcome you back.