“Not as good as other novotels”

Novotel Cardiff Centre
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Not as good as other novotels”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The room here was basic with a very small window and no air con so had to ask for a fan to my room
The bar area is decorated well and the quality of the good was ok
I was checked out by the reception manager which in my opinion was average compared with other novotels
I recently stayed at novotel Leicester and I think the general manager and his staff would beinifit from a visit here as they were far better in customer service

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Stevewales44
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

Whilst I am pleased that you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay, I duly note all your comments and will discuss with the Front Office Manager.

I hope that on reflection, you may consider returning to the Novotel Cardiff where we will endeavor to deliver the level of service that will exceed your expectations.

Chris Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Turkish first
Swansea
Reviewed 5 July 2014

On arrival, the gentleman behind the desk asked for my bank card to make the payment for the room, told him I had payed 4 weeks ago. Argued with me that my card had been declined, explained I put in wrong expiry date and the hotel rang to tell me payment was declined, redone it over phone and it went through and it's on my bank statement, the man was adamant I hadn't paid for the room, then when he realised I had all I had was 'oh u have, sorry' with attitude.

The bed is classed as queen size, it's 2 beds pushed together which I find a joke, I'd rather a normal double sized bed because during the night I kept falling down the gap inbetween the 2 beds.

Location is really good, central to everything.

It's good the bar is open until 3am also. I think food prices are disgusting, and also £9 to park for the night is unbelievable too but there we go.

When leaving, the lady on reception was so rude, no please or Thankyou, I actually said to my boyfriend infront of her that her manners are atrocious and he totally agreed.

Overall really not 100% with the stay, £89 wasn't worth it.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank LanaJT17
Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with certain aspects of your stay. Please rest assured that all comments are discussed with the Management Team in order to identify shortfalls and correct them.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel on 02920 475000.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I spent a day and overnight here with a colleague , we worked all day in the bar/coffee area and were well looked after by attentive staff, coffee lunch etc. Rooms were fine , clean and comfortable. The Free wifi could have been better, it was a poor signal in most areas and made working dificult at times,there is a payimng system that give a higher speed, surprise surprise.
I am agaisnt paying hotels for use of broadband, I dont charge freinds that come to my house and use mine because it doesnt cost me anymore, hotels should be the same.
This is the diffrerenc between an average and a very good rating Novotel ! learn.
Also Tripadvisor add a Good rating please, ave - to V good is too big a leap.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Bertie500
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

Whilst I am pleased that you were happy with the attentive service experienced and room comfort/cleanliness, I am sorry that you felt your stay did not meet your expectations and that you felt your overall stay was 3/5.

Free WiFi is available at the hotel which is intended for checking e-mails and internet browsing, to cater for the large number of users within the Hotel. We do offer a premium service that is suitable for video streaming and large file downloads.

I hope that you may consider returning to the Hotel in the future and should you choose to stay in one of our Executive Rooms, the Premium WiFi service is included within the rate.

Ipswich, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Located only about a 10 minute stroll into the centre of the city, this hotel is a mixture of new and old - in relation to the building itself (part of this hotel is a converted building).
The hotel itself is well set out and tidy, and the staff are friendly and helpful.
My hotel room was spacious, comfortable, tidy and stocked with the appropriate amenities.
I would definitely stay here in the future and would also recommend this hotel to all of my friends.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
9 Thank RedDevil1978
Thank you for your comments and compliments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Cardiff and your stay with us. I am also pleased that you like the style of the Hotel and your service experience.

I hope that you will choose to return to the Novotel Cardiff again in the future.

Gore, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for one night, getting in quite late and leaving very early.
Rooms were huge! Which was very much appreciated as our rooms in previous hotels had been small. Bathrooms were tidy and clean and roomy as well.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank KDB14
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you found the Novotel cardiff and 'Excellent Hotel' and the bedroom met your requirements for your short stay.

I hope that next time, you may be able to enjoy all the Hotel facilities and that I may be able to welcome you back personally.

london
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of nights ago , was fantastic.... Yes I paid a little more for a superior room but it was well worth it....., I loved the pool and jacuzzi it was just out of this world and the best I've seen and stayed at in the uk.... I paid for late check out but still had my door knocked early ... A touch annoying really ...but a gorgeous walk into the city centre after some outstanding lunch here soon put this little error out of my mind...if I'd had a real good reason for a long lie in ...this would of annoyed me a lot more considering it was a paid for extra expense... Would I stay again yes 100% should you Yes 100 % .... I loved this place you will too....

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank LondonArtlover
Thank you for your excellent rating and feedback.

We were delighted to read your comments and that you enjoyed the services and facilities of the Hotel.

I hope that I may have the opportunity to welcome you back personally next time.