Novotel Cardiff Centre
Hilton
US$172
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$124
  • Restaurant
Ibis Cardiff Gate(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$54
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$112
  • Room Service
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$137
  • Restaurant
The Royal Hotel(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$113
Agoda.com
US$245
US$199
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$208
TripAdvisor
2,300 results
All reviewsx boxexecutive roomswimming poolcar parkthe sofa bedleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkper daymodern hotelgood sizecoffee machinegreat facilitieschanging roomsreception staffcardiff centrewould stay again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel was very good, bright, light and airy. the room was of a typical Novotel standard and, most importantly we asked for a quiet room and got one. We arrived during the very hot weather and it was a really good touch for the central air conditioning to be on when we arrived from the heat - stepping into a cool room.

All the usual Novotel touches were there (and a few of the irritations, mainly regarding the upgraded services) but we think these hotels can provide excellent value for money and we stayed here mainly on price. (Our favoured hotel was available but at a very high price, so we opted for this one).

We liked the bar area, found the service very good and thought the check-in/out all went smoothly (though we were pleased we arrived just minutes before a large wedding group!)

the only drawback for us was the location. It is in a part of Cardiff between the city centre and the bay with nothing between the two save for a few hotels, offices and flats. the 10-15 minute walk into the centre was fine but it was through a deserted area and probably not one where single people would feel particularly safe. the alternative is a long a couple of fast & busy roads.

But, this is all manageable and for a quiet alternative we thought it provided a good value for money stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - car park side is quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Graeme347
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I am pleased that you both enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Cardiff Centre and found the Hotel good value for money. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the services and facilities during your stay.

I hope that I may have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Cardiff.

Kind regards

Chris Jones

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed with my teenage son on our overseas visit to Uk and Ireland. We were staying in Cardiff for Dr Who Experience. Very average welcome, but quick check in. I am a member of Accor group but only a new one so not sure if that was why we were given an upgrade room but was a pleasant surprise. Spacious, ultra clean and all amenities. Quiet surroundings and comfy bed. Breakfast was a little haphazard wasn't asked if I wanted tea or coffee on arriving so had to chase down a waitress. Food average, bit below what I have experienced a similar range of hotels, mainly due to lack of fresh hot food. Check out things unravelled a bit. On return to our room our key card did not work. The lady on reception who we asked for help was quite abrupt. We were in hurry as we had booked a cB to catch a train but she didn't seem to get it and handed us another key card which when we trekked all the way up to our room didn't work again. By this point we were getting anxious about our cab and eventually she called for assistance and a helpful man came with us to the room to sort out our access. I felt she was coasting in her role as receptionist and really didn't make any effort. Hence the poor review as staff service is SO important. Hopefully this was just a one off, but I think making customers feel they are really welcome is a top priority for repeat business and recommendations.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
NovotelCardiff, Front Office Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel Cardiff Centre. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the service you received in breakfast, the key cards and your interaction with one of our team members,
which we are since addressing.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Kind regards, Bilel Talbi

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. The hotel is around a 10 minute walk from Cardiff Central station, or a £5.00 cab ride. The hotel is fairly modern, clean and well apointed for a budget hotel.

DInner was OK (the spanish white wine was excellent!), although breakfast was just average. The service was prompt and efficient.

The room was comfortable and quiet - I got a good night's sleep.

I'd say here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
2  Thank Tfl1
NovotelCardiff, Front Office Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, I'm also pleased to know that you liked te 'Spanish White Wine', we look forward to welcomeing you back with us in the near furture.

Regards,

Bilel Talbi

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Novotels is kind of "you know what you're going to get" hotels. Still we found this hotel above expectations. Nice room with good bed and a sleeping sofa for the kids that was just big enough for our 9 and 13 year olds. Nice pool and excercise area. Breakfast was better than average we've had in UK. Service and personnel allways helpful with a smile. Ended up staying one more night.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank AndersRoren

Thank you for your time to reveiw your recent stay,

I'm very delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with the room, breakfast and the leisure facilities.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back with us in the very near future.

Regards,

Bilel Talbi

Reviewed 22 July 2014

we stayed here the night before my granddaughters graduation.
we were allocated a amazing executive room, towels toiletries bedding etc. all first class.
close to all amenities. Staff helpful & welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 243nana
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you chose the Novotel Cardiff as the base for your special day.

I hope that you will return again for an even more enjoyable visit and that I may be able to welcome you back personally.

Kind regards