This Novotel is a little out the centre - probably a ten minute walk or so along a busy road.
My first vision of the Novotel was a crowd (well about 6 or 7!) of people (staff and guests it looked like) stood directly outside the main entrance smoking. Not a great first impression.
Although I walked from the station, I noticed the car park was pretty full even during mid afternoon and that bays reserved for disabled badge holders were used to by non badge holders.
Reception was OK - quick check in - did all look a bit dated though
Room was supposedly executive room - in the older part of the hotel. When they used the old building they could have taken the opportunity to utilise the character of it - instead they appear to have not bothered and just built dull unimaginative rooms in there
Complimentary drinks in the exec room was a bottle of water. Wow!
Room itself was par for the course for Novotel - 'OK' but a lot of wear and tear that should be sorted out (stains on carpets etc)
Breakfast was good (if included in price otherwise go into town), usual buffet style
Leisure centre which is free to use was good - not too busy and a decent sized pool you can actually swim in. Sauna and steam room and gym area as well. Best thing is this hotel stops children using the leisure area after 6pm. Please all hotels start to do this !!! Most advertise a 'relaxing gym and pool area' which in reality is a crèche for screaming children - so a big plus for this Novotel
After breakfast on second day - room key didn't work when got back - had to go back to reception which was then busy with people checking out - no apology from the female staff member who sorted the card out
I picked the Novotel as it was an OK price - in hindsight, I should have spent a bit more and gone elsewhere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Cardiff Centre is a 4 star hotel perfect for your next break in Cardiff. Close to live sports action at the Principality Stadium, entertainment at the Motorpoint Arena and plenty of shops, restaurants and bars in the City Centre or Cardiff Bay. Enjoy our Restaurant and Bar, well equipped leisure facilities including; superb 15m indoor swimming pool, Resistance and Cardio gyms, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Guests will find free WiFi internet throughout the Hotel. For business needs, we have nine meeting rooms including The Warehouse function room, a fabulous venue for weddings and conferences alike. 120 Parking spaces at GBP 12 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Cardiff Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Cardiff Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Hotel Accor Cardiff Centre
- Cardiff Novotel
- Novotel Cardiff Centre Wales