“Family leisure break”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Family leisure break”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Modern clean hotel. Parking was a bonus. Excellent friendly customer service throughout. We had 3 young children in our group and found the hotel child friendly. Lovely pool.
Good position for city centre and Cardiff Bay. The breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: We had a basic double room which was large and included a sofa bed.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback and review.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Cardiff and that you found your stay 'family friendly' to compliment your service experience.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you all back again very soon.

Chris Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Turkish first
Benbecula Island, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

What a great place for a wedding. Words cannot express my gratitude to all the staff at this hotel. They made our weekend so special. A special mention for Susanne. An amazing wedding organiser. Truly the best one could ever wish for. She certainly deserves a huge pay rise as she is a huge asset to the hotel. In fact all the staff at this hotel are amazing. From Nella at the front desk to the gentleman ( sorry did not get his name) who officiated at the reception. The food was immense all the guests commented on it from the canapés, wedding breakfast and evening buffet. It was hot plentiful and very tasty. Best wedding food I have tasted. The room was set up beautifully and the accommodation were superb. We had guests come from Canada, Scotland and Ireland to name a few and they all lived the place. My daughters room ( the bride) was fantastic and my husbands and I truly special. We liked it so much that we probably will go back time and time again for a mini break even though we only live 12 miles away.
Breakfast and bar food were excellent. Great value for money.
Facilities also were good e.g gym sauna steam room and pool.
Position excellent- far enough from the city centre so it was never too noisy but within 5 mins walking distance ( and very simple to get to). Also very near the bay. The open top bus / tour stops right outside the hotel too.
To finish I would like to thank once again this amazing hotel for everything they did to make my daughters and son in laws day very special. It was excellent value for money. For anyone who reads this and are thinking of either visiting this hotel or planning a wedding in Cardiff this is an amazing place.
Susanne - thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay and for attending the wedding event.

We were thrilled to understand that you were impressed with the event, your rooms, the staff, leisure facilities, location and cuisine.

I will take pleasure in sharing your appraisal with the rest of the Team which I am sure will delight them and be a great motivation to continue deliving your service experience to all our guests.

I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

York
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Great place, modern, elegant, big beds, good service, pool, gym,

All you need for business in and out visit. Nailed what a place needs which is good to see.

Parking is chargeable which is a little disappointing.

Breakfast is a buffet bout good choice and kept fresh.

Will return. 8.5-10 for me.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you felt the Novotel Cardiff met your needs during your stay, including the decor, rooms, leisure facilities, service and breakfast.

I hope that next time, we may be able to improve on this for you and that I may have the opportunity to personally welcome you back.

Athlone, Ireland
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel recently and have to say it a mostly positive experience. Hotel easy accessible if arriving by car and situated between to city centre and bay areas which are the main shopping and socializing areas.

Hotel itself was modern clean if showing few signs of a busy summer. Good facilities including decent Leisure Centre. Very decent breakfasts.

So my main gripe was what I would call inexperience by reception staff. On arrival we were advised at that breakfasts on week days till 10am (actually 10.30am) and weekends till 12midday (actually 11am). When my wife asked could they recommend somewhere for a special occasion it was suggested maybe TGI Fridays and that was it. The Leisure Centre Manager who was present did go out of his way to look up Tripadvisor to come up with some suggestions.

Good but not great.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 75Gerry
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and provide feedback.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall and that the Hotel itself, access, location and leisure facilities met your requirements.

I hope that I may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel whereupon we will be able to demonstrate the high standards we set out to achieve and provide you with an overall excellent stay.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Good hotel within very close proximity to the centre and Motorpoint Arena. Excellent size room. Very quiet, good air con, iron and board, safe and fridge. We asked for an upgrade which was £10 for an executive room, but as there were no executive rooms left we were upgraded to a superior room at no charge and given robes and slippers. Good size bathroom. Very comfortable bed. We had a 3 course dinner included in the price which was very good and as we had to be at the Motorpoint for 7.15 the staff ensured we had a table by reserving it earlier for us and the service for all courses was very quick.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you both enjoyed your stay with us at the Novotel Cardiff Centre.
I am also pleased that you were happy with your accomodation, value for money and service.

I hopet hat you will choose to return again very soon.

West Midlands
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We love to walk so for us location was perfect, around 10 minutes to Cardiff bay and city centre. breakfast and leisure facilities are the best points in this hotel. Plenty of choices in the morning at breakfast time, Coffee Machine available with Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha and you can help your self as much as you want. Good swimming pool, fitness centre and Sauna. Friendly staff, specially the housekeeping and the breakfast staff. Rooms are basic and functional style. We were located at the front, on busy road but did not disturb our sleep at all. Coffee and Tea facilities plus small fridge in room. very good free WiFi . Relax atmosphere. Yes, will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
NovotelCardiff, Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your review and feedback.

It was a pleasure to read your comments and to understand that you both enjoyed your visit.
I am also pleased that the location, service, breakfast and leisure facilities stood out for your during your stay.

I hope that I may have the opportunity to welcome you both back personally next time.

wales uk
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had 3 rooms for a total of 6 adults and 3 children and so glad we booked it, even though it was a little bit expensive, so worth it.
The reception staff are probably the most professional and friendly I have ever come across, made such a lovely change to be greeted by smiling staff.
The rooms are large and airy and all of ours had opening windows, which was very welcome as it was so hot.
The breakfast was AMAZING !! Every single item of breakfast choices you could possibly want and continually renewed. The children made the most of it and had cereals, fruit, pancakes, pastries AND cooked breakfast, topped off with a choice of fresh fruit juices.
If only all hotels were as good as this one.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am delighted that you and your family had a 'fantastic stay' which included your service experience, your room and breakfast.

I hope that you will all enjoy another enjoyable visit at the Novotel Cardiff Centre very soon.