2,486 results
All reviews x box executive room swimming pool car park the sofa bed steam room leisure facilities minute walk per day lovely hotel changing rooms good size coffee machine reception staff great facilities cardiff centre would stay again
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

I wrote a complaint about the hotel about a month ago now and have still not even received an apology or someone addressing the issues I've raised. It's thoroughly disappointing and gives me an negative view on the brand as a whole. I chase up my complaint regularly and it's just not good enough, a month later and still nothing.

I didn't have a reservation this time. But i used the parking facilities on the 25/10/2017. I went into the hotel previously and asked if I could park and how much it would be. The staff working that day asked me if I worked around here, I told them yes and my company name, they told me it would be £6 per day. So I have been parking there for about 2 weeks... No problems after showing my work card. Then that day I went to pay for my parking and just as a staff member was processing my payment, an angry looking management staff came whizzing round demanding I tell him where I worked. Once I said he told me 'nope you can't have it for that price' I explained to him I had been told that I could. He refused to even listen to me, spoke to me with an aggressive loud tone that could be heard by other staff members and members of the public and then told me that was 'good for me then' that I was getting it for £6 a day. He then proceeded to tell the staff member to charge me £3 for every hour i had been there and walked off to the back before I could even say anything else.

The total charge for my parking was £24. I would of never have parked there knowing that price but as I had been told I could for £6 I parked there. I have paid over £60 worth of parking there and I was treated in a disgusting manner. Having worked in customer services all my life I understand things get confused which is why a staff member gave me incorrect information, but the manner in which I was spoken to and how I was treated as a paying customer was quite frankly disgusting. He could of suggested I pay £6 this time and from then on it be more as an apology for the mistake on his staff members behalf.

It's actually put me off even wanting to stay at one of your hotels ever again. I quite often use Novotel but I really feel like if managers like that are working I don't want to put any kind of money or business into it. I left the premises in tears as I felt humiliated and belittled. Not only that but £24 for parking is a shocking amount to pay.

About a week later, after I made the complaint someone got my card details and refunded me £18 without my consent or an explanation which is highly worrying. I feel it's being swept under the carpet because I complained about someone managerial. It's unacceptable and I will never use that hotel again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
8  Thank katy g
Reviewed 20 November 2017

We hired Novotel for our engagement party, and what a venue - the room, the staff, the location, the food!

You'd never know such an awesome looking function room exists in the hotel and all of our guests commented on how cool it was. I certainly did the rounds when looking for a venue and it honestly knocked spots off everywhere else in Cardiff for the type and size of party we wanted. It's a former shipping warehouse, so the ceilings are high, bricked and arched and there are large arched windows. There are also four large floor-ceiling steel pillars which the hotel decorated with fairy lights. Perfect for making an impression on our 100+ guests!

We had the use of a small stage for our band (who were able to play until 11.30pm followed by DJ music until 1pm), and the dancefloor was positioned between the four pillars with tables seated around the edge. There is also a dedicated bar in the room, which meant it kept everyone in the same place.

Suzanne and the staff were incredibly helpful, accommodating and friendly, and they really helped to make our night special. Nothing was too much trouble. They helped us to decorate the room, lit the candles, provided tablecloths and helped us to hold a drinks reception so people could take a glass of wine into the room as they entered.

We had a finger buffet, which was delicious, so much so that my family are talking about going to the hotel's resident restaurant (The Good's Shed) for a meal! The food included a range of sandwiches and wraps, tempura prawns, breaded camembert, breadcrumbed brie and chicken and chorizo skewers.

The location was also really central. Less than a £5 taxi ride from the train station and there is a car park available.

I would 100% recommend this place for a party for 80-100+ guests, or even as a conference venue.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Illbethewriter
NovotelCardiff, General Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you for your very kind words and compliments. Very much appreciated and Suzanne and the team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and had a great time! Look forward to welcoming you back.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2017

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelCardiff, General Manager at Novotel Cardiff Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Excellent front desk service when we arrived. Lovely room with queen size bed and sofa bed for our teenage daughter. Brilliant buffet style breakfast. Good bar. Very relaxed couple of nights. Only spoilt by some selfish guests who knocked doors and shouted in the early hours. Not a fault of the hotel though - there are idiots everywhere.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ChrisLV10

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Had 2 rooms. 1 being an executive room. Toilet in one was filthy and even after informing reception it still wasn’t cleaned! Other room had hairs in bath and also one of the beds. Our children slept on towels rather than lay on the sheets! Informed reception but they didn’t really say anything other than “oh sorry about that”?! Not good enough. Wouldn’t stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank erikaharman

Thank you for your feedback.
We treat all comments with the utmost seriousness and despite we haven't found any registers of complaints from your room please rest assured that we have debriefed all the Team and took the appropriate measures to address the service issue on this date and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Kind regards,