We spent an excellent two nights at the Novotel Cardiff Centre. The reception area is very modern and we found the staff very welcoming as they checked us in. The room was very clean with a large flat screen TV, air con, tea tray, minibar and all other amenities you would expect. Our three year old son slept on the sofa bed which was already pulled out and made up for us. The bed was very comfortable although we found the rather odd square shaped pillows far from ideal and on reflection we probably should have requested more conventional ones from reception. Our room rate included breakfast which is served as a buffet in the really nice breakfast room which is styled in contrast to the modern reception area in the 'old' part of the hotel. There is plenty of choice and we were seated and served efficiently by pleasant staff on both mornings. We also used the swimming pool and spa on one occasion. We found both the pool and changing areas clean and spent an enjoyable 45 minutes in there after a full morning and afternoon of walking around Cardiff. There was also a gym and sauna which we did not use. The hotel is well located in between Cardiff Bay and the city centre (10 min walk to the bay and 5/10 minute walk to the city centre). The immediate area around the hotel is not what you would call picturesque but then again this is a city centre hotel. Although we stayed midweek I strongly suspect that not being located right in the heart of the city centre will probably mean a higher chance of a peaceful night's sleep as well! We walked from the train station with a couple of large bags. If you have suitcases then we would recommend a taxi which wouldn't cost a huge amount. For those thinking about driving, the hotel has a large car park although we understand there is a charge for every 24 hours which is not something we personally agree with. Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend it as a good base for a city break. The hotel has a really modern feel to it and the staff we met were always polite and helpful. The leisure facilities are also a nice bonus. If you book this hotel you are unlikely to be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Cardiff Centre is a 4 star hotel perfect for your next break in Cardiff. Close to live sports action at the Principality Stadium, entertainment at the Motorpoint Arena and plenty of shops, restaurants and bars in the City Centre or Cardiff Bay. Enjoy our Restaurant and Bar, well equipped leisure facilities including; superb 15m indoor swimming pool, Resistance and Cardio gyms, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Guests will find free WiFi internet throughout the Hotel. For business needs, we have nine meeting rooms including The Warehouse function room, a fabulous venue for weddings and conferences alike. 120 Parking spaces at GBP 12 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Lastminute, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Novotel Cardiff Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Cardiff Centre Hotel Cardiff
- Hotel Accor Cardiff Centre
- Cardiff Novotel
- Novotel Cardiff Centre Wales