“Best thing we did!”

Cardiff Cycle Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Do something different today. Truly the best way to explore this beautiful young city is by bike. Cardiff Cycle Tours wants to give you a unique experience of time and place, setting a leisurely bike ride within a historical context. This is a fascinating city, reflecting in many ways the history and future of Wales. We think Cardiff is rapidly becoming a great cycling city, and we want you to have a good time for a couple of hours.What can you expect to discover? We pass all the major attractions in Cardiff of course, but also discover some hidden spots in Bute street, Grangetown, by the old docks… We guide you from the Wales Millennium Centre for our standard tours, the Bute tour going from the Bay to the centre and back, and our Bay tour, taking in the stunning views of this rapidly developing capital. See our website for more details.
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We're holidaying in Wales for the week with a 1yo daughter. We LOVED Pol's tour Cardiff. The bikes are great, he had a great, safe seat and helmet for my daughter (even if she refused to wear it after an hour or so) and we could leave our buggy behind in a locked unit which was really good for us as we did park and ride rather than paying £over10 to park in the city for only 2-3 hours! Pol's knowledge and love for Cardiff is clear, and he made us feel at ease cycling around. Three hours passed so quick! We even went into the castle grounds for free which you usually would pay for- a nice bonus and a great place to rest. Keep up the excellent work Pol!!!

1  Thank MrsHawkes

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I had seen most of Cardiff's sights on day one of my stay, so I was highly delighted when I found the flyer offering the two different cycle tours (one through Cardiff city incl. parks and canals, and one to Cardiff Bay, both take 3 hours). I did the Cardiff Bay Tour, and first of all I enjoyed riding a bike without thinking much about where to go - just follow Paul, relax and enjoy! We stopped every now and then, and he told me about the city, about the recent development, and a number of interesting, sometimes funny, sometimes astonishing facts about the area. I saw and learned much more than I would have on my own, it was definitely a very entertaining morning in good company! Paul is a very friendly, relaxed guy (born in Belgium) who has been living in Wales for 25 years, so he has both the insider and the "foreigner" perspective, which makes the whole thing even more exciting. Oh, and by the way, the bikes are great, very easy to handle, comfortable - and made in Stratford-upon-Avon! Don't think twice, this is probably the best way to see Cardiff and Cardiff Bay!

1  Thank Claudia M
Reviewed 7 May 2014

What a great way to sight see; the bike was easy and enjoyable to ride, Pol was a mine of information, SUPERB value; I would recommend that this is THE way to see Cardiff, especially as the sun was out all afternoon. Great stuff! Apart from meeting Carol Vorderman, earlier, the tour made my Birthday.

1  Thank will w
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We did this tour mainly to give our teenage son some activity rather than trailing round sightseeing with us, and we all thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Pol was a great guide, the facts he gave us were relevant and interesting. We did the morning Cardiff Bay, docks and Doctor Who tour and saw much more than we could have otherwise. We didn't know about the Barrage or the wetlands- gems in the centre of the city. We saw some truly beautiful houses and our son had fun putting the Doctor Who episodes to the places he saw. He was fitter than the rest of us and cycled at the front with Pol which he enjoyed. I was shattered by the end of three hours but so pleased to have taken the challenge - on the whole the cycling wasn't difficult and mainly flat. The bikes were amazing- I want one now! If you're wondering what it do in Cardiff have a go at this tour. I found a lot of facts I hadn't known before and saw places we would never have known about otherwise. Well worth the money.

2  Thank moany_mum65
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I visited Cardiff last year and did this tour. I was looking forward to returning to Cardiff so I could bring my friends along to the tour. I enjoyed it just as much the second time, and now my friends are saying that they want to go back to Cardiff as the tour whetted their appetite. Definitely the best way to see this city.

4  Thank kormachameleon