Clayton Hotel Cardiff
US$174
Hilton
US$172
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$197
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$198
Agoda.com
US$206
US$186
Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$83
US$154
US$149
Travelocity
Travelodge Cardiff Atlantic Wharf(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$118
Travelodge
2,369 results
All reviewstrain stationcity centreperfect locationmillennium stadiumsingle bedcar parknight lifemodern hotelbars and restaurantslight sleepergood sizeafternoon teawithin easy walking distancebuffet stylefew minutes walkfamily roomself service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Booked a theatre break with this hotel. They got everything right.

Firstly we wanted a triple room for 3 adults - not always catered for but they were able to provided. Everything that was promised was delivered. The person responsilble for these breaks was meticulous and not 1 thing was missed. Food was good and all our special requirments were catered for. The cocktail was great and the food served quickly as we needed to get to the theatre. They got us some of the best seats in the theatre - impressive.

Room Tip: We needed a triple room for 3 adults in the town centre and they were able to provide this
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Dear DianeSwansea,

I very much appreciate your glowing review on Tripadvisor.

I am happy that we were able to provide you with the accommodation to suit your requirements and that everything was meticulously delivered to you.

I will pass on your kind comments to our staff members and I hope you will avail of another theatre break in the future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 4 May 2013

we stayed for one night the hotel is excellent our room was on the tenth floor with great views of the city tea and coffee in room large lcd tv and a very comfy bed its location is in the city center close to the railway station breakfast was a buffet style with a good choice we will stay at the Maldron when we visit cardiff in the near future..

Room Tip: central location
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael v

Dear Michael V

I would like to thank you for leaving a brief but fantastic review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you thought everything was excellent and appreciate your return custom.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 May 2013

We stayed the Best Western Plus Maldron Hotel in Cardiff in April, 2013. The room was modern in decor and amenities. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom contemporary with a large tub for those who like to soak. In addition, the hot and cold breakfast was served in the main dining room made airy with large windows overlooking parts of Cardiff. The food was fresh and well prepared. Staff was prompt in removing used dishes and cleaning tables. The hotel as a whole was very clean. Some might find the room size smaller than similar hotel offerings in the US,

The hotel's location on St. Mary Street puts it in walking distance of the train station, sports stadium, shopping district, restaurants, Cardiff castle, the Museum of Fine Arts, etc. Cardiff, itself, is also very clean with municipal staff continuously cleaning streets and sidewalks.

1  Thank max508

Dear Max508,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you thought we had a modern and spotless hotel and the staff were prompt in dealing with everything you needed.

I hope you will return to Cardiff in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 May 2013

This high rise hotel was the most modern of all we stayed in during our trip. They had a great bar and dining services. It's location to sights, shopping and dining was all in walking distance. The front desk was alright.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear mamasalisbury,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor.

I hope to welcome you back to the Maldron Hotel for any future stay to the city.

Warm regards,
Alison Mansfield
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 1 May 2013

8 of us stayed here as part of a hen weekend package deal. Room excellent although our room was on the noisy side of hotel close to the bars and clubs and I didn't have the best nights sleep. Make sure you request a room on the station side if poss. My only gripe that we had more of a family room than a twin room and I got the single bed! Breakfast was excellent. Although very busy so you may want to get there before 10.00 if staying on a weekend. Even though we were right in city centre I felt very safe as the hotel security checked for our room key and name when we returned at night. Our room had a good shower, kettle, tea and coffee. also a decent hair dryer so I was impressed.

Room Tip: Request room on station side of hotel ie 519

Dear David H,

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you thought your room and breakfast were excellent and felt safe in the hotel at night as guests’ safety and security is paramount to us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards