“Always Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Portsmouth
“Always Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

I've stayed there quite a few times and its always excellent. The rooms are clean and have great views over the city. Its 2 mins away from the train station and close to all of Cardiffs attractions.
I now always stay there when ever I'm in Cardiff, which is about 12 times a year.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad night there and stayed on most of the floors so it all seems to be good.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Dear Simonford

Thank you for your glowing comments on tripadvisor.

I am glad you have had excellent stays with us and we appreciate your return custom. I will pass on your fantastic comments to our team.

See you again soon.

Kind Regards

Duty Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Czech first
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

As a hotel it is very close to the railway station, one of cities main road, and the cardiff castle within walking distance. It is a basic hotel, quiet, clean and neat ...no major frills. Very good for a tourist to come back and sleep after a hectic day of sight seeing and fairly reasonable too...esp. if one books in advance.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Renu S

I appreciate you taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you found our hotel to be a good clean place to stay. Being a 3 star hotel we pride ourselves on giving our guests a clean and quite environment to relax in.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night (18th)..mother/daughter time. I emailed in advanced asked for higher floor and chocolates in room (£5 extra..worth ever penny).
ROOM...was amazing 606, king bed, corner room, lovely bathroom, huge tv, great open space.
LOCATION...perfect, amazing restaurant underneath (viva brazil) great bars right outside, shopping 5mins walk, train station even closer. As we stayed on 6th floor we could hear the music at night but nothing to stop me sleeping, and didnt once hear a train.
SERVICE...was lovely at reception, asked for a bucket of ice and robes, robes were still drying but was given ice bucket. Also toothpaste was given to us as we both forgot it.
BREAKFAST...really really good. Help yourself. 10/10.
Even better that checkout is 12.
Going to see a show in november and know exactly where im booking to stay...will even ask for same room....maybe on a higher floor. But loved it.
Highly recommended

• Stayed May 2013
Dear FiFiGeorge,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review on tripadvisor.

I am glad you had an amazing stay with us and thought we were perfect for everything you needed.

I appreciate you loading your pictures and your glowing recommendation.

I look forward to welcoming you back in November.

Warmest Regards

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

I was spending just the one night here before a day working in Cardiff.

Very clean and comfortable room, which was surprisingly quiet, given the hotel's location next to the railway station and main road.

Good location, close to the city centre.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Kevin E

I would like to thank you for leaving a short but commendable review on tripadvisor.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Shavington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Modern, clean and very comfy roomwhich has all you'd expect. Good breakfast. I didn't have an evening meal here but the menu looked fine. Close to the rail station and a short walk to the centre of Cardiff

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear Andy M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brief but wonderful review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted we had everything you expected and your room was clean and comfy.

Benevolent Regards

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed with group friends .. for a 3 star hotel its really nice.. rooms look very modern and bathroom is lovely. the staff in hotel were really friendly. was disappointed we didnt have most channels as we didnt have music ones, cause there was no signal but called down to reception and they had look and there was nothing could do. i dont think rooms cleaned properly tho as there was other people hair on the bedroom floor and my friend had a stain left on her mirror of something some one had drawed and marks in her bed. but my room was fine no problems. would defo return for a hotel to stay for a night out in cardiff! & i forgot the beds are soo comftable better than my own :)!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Dear Kathybambeno,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am disappointed your room cleanliness wasn’t up to standard and will pass on your comments to our housekeeping manager to ensure continuous high standards on your return visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and found this hotel to be comfortable, clean and excellent value for money.The room and bathroom were spacious and light, the bed comfortable with a big, flat-screen TV. Despite being right next to the train station, the room was very quiet (with the window closed) and it was also equipped with a good sized ironing board and iron which proved to be very useful. In addition to this the service was excellent. During our stay my suitcase broke and I had to replace it, leaving a large cardboard box which the hotel staff were happy to remove for me. We would definately stay here again and would reccomend this place to anyone looking for a good quality hotel in a very central location.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sophie T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor .I am delighted you found our service to be excellent and our hotel to be of good quality. I appreciate your kind recommendations and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

See you again soon.