Clayton Hotel Cardiff
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
ML Lodge(Cardiff)
2,365 results
All reviewstrain stationcity centreperfect locationmillennium stadiumsingle bedcar parknight lifemodern hotelbars and restaurantslight sleepergood sizeafternoon teawithin easy walking distancebuffet stylefew minutes walkfamily roomself service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Situated in just the right spot, my husband and I caught the train to Cardiff,it's right next to the station so not far to walk. We were on the 9th floor, we didn't hear a peep from the trains or the night life. Lovely clean rooms with just the right amount of amenities in it.Beds were clean and comfy, bathroom was spotless. The next morning we headed for breakfast, there was a good selection of food to suit everyone's taste.Staff were very helpful and accommodating. Would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher up, the less noise from the trains!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Dear Aimee G
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and found our staff to be helpful and accommodating.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, lovely room with a double and single bed ,
all the staff were helpful and friendly,a nice touch was a free cocktail each, and it was excellent.
the breakfast was all-so first class, the only minus point was the noise from the railway station
I sometimes travel with with earplugs in my bag, but not this time, but I still will give it 5 stars,

Room Tip: ask for a room the opposite side to the railway station, we were on the 10th floor good view and good lifts
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ADO38

Dear ADO38
I appreciate you taking the time to write a wonderful review on Tripadvisor. I am glad you found our hotel to be one of the best you have stayed in and found our staff to be helpful and friendly.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 24 May 2013

This hotel is very convenient for the station - which does though mean that it is literally beside the railway so some train noise.
The rooms are quite average for this type of hotel, quite comfy, spacious enough, desk space, air conditioned.
For me what let it down was insufficient lifts, there are I believe 10 floors and only 2 lifts, so be prepared to wait at busy times or take the stairs. Also not happy to find one of the cups (in room tea / coffee facilities) was dirty! But the kettle does fit under the taps in the bathroom to fill it!!!
All staff very friendly and helpful. Menu available in restaurant was quite limited - didn't see the one that was advertised on line, but food was good as was service.
In summary a good hotel and I would recommend it for a brief stay.

Room Tip: High up for less noise, but more likely to need busy lift
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear WALADD,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. I am happy you found our staff to be friendly & helpful.

Being an 11 story building we do have peak times where the lifts are a little slower than usual and unfortunately this is out of our control.
I hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to Cardiff.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

superbly located within walking distance of the train station and walking distance to all the bars and shopping.

Clean rooms, good size twin room.

Did not try the breakfast.

Comfy bed

This hotel was perfect for a weekend away in Cardiff

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear Mrwhyte,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor.

I hope to welcome you back to the Maldron Hotel for any future stay to the city.

Warm regards,
Alison Mansfield
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I've stayed there quite a few times and its always excellent. The rooms are clean and have great views over the city. Its 2 mins away from the train station and close to all of Cardiffs attractions.
I now always stay there when ever I'm in Cardiff, which is about 12 times a year.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad night there and stayed on most of the floors so it all seems to be good.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Dear Simonford

Thank you for your glowing comments on tripadvisor.

I am glad you have had excellent stays with us and we appreciate your return custom. I will pass on your fantastic comments to our team.

See you again soon.