“Good value and location”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersGold level
NewZealand
“Good value and location”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Comfortable hotel. Only a few minutes walk from train and bus station. Close to main shopping, bars, cafes etc
Ten minutes walk to the castle and the hop-on hop-off bus.
Staff were helpful and friendly.
Good bed, towels and a great shower.

Room Tip: There is still some train noise so ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RedPCGirl
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear RedPCGirl,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you found us good value for money and our staff to be friendly & helpful.

I hope I can welcome you back for a return trip to Cardiff.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Czech first
stoke-on-trent uk
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Got a great deal of £118 for 2 nights. Lovely clean hotel. We were on the 6th floor room 617 over looking train station, didn't hear the trains at all so slept very well. Great to have an ice machine on the floor and drinking water. Good size bathroom plenty of towels and Dove products. Also had free wifi. Staff were great. Check in and out was quick. Would stay here again if the price was right. Didnt use the bar area so can not comment

Dear Teenba,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave such a fantastic review on tripadvsior. I am delighted your enjoyed your stay and hope I can welcome you back in the future.

Warm Regards,
oxford
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed for 2 nights in a twin room - excellent value for money and exceptionally clean.
My only little niggle would be the size of the bathroom but considering the cost per night I really can't complain.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Rosiegt,

Thank you for sharing such a great review on tripadvisor. I am delighted your enjoyed your stay and found us to be excellent value for money.

I hope I can welcome you back in the future.

Warm Regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Atmosphere home from home, made possible by the whole team at the hotel. My husband is committed to a wheel chair as a result of a stroke, and we regularly stay at this hotel because it is all we need to facilitate a break away from our home. We love going to concerts in the nearby .St. Davids Hall and because of its location the hotel is very conveniently situated right in the heart of the shopping area, and with easy access to so many other places of interest in Cardiff City

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Member,

Thank you of the fantastic feedback and the 5 star review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, it is a pleasure having you and your husband stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with other travelers.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm Regards
Devon
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We had booked this hotel because of the convenience of the hotel. We were not disappointed.
Although to get to the hotel because of one way streets was a nightmare . Having parked we made our way a short distance to the hotel and was greeted by a friendly welcome . Our room was quickly made available and we were on the 10th floor great views and quite clean .
The bed was smaller than we had expected but was comfortable and modern . We chose to eat in the Hotel the first night which was pleasant . The staff were very friendly and polite and we would recommend the hotel for the location for the center of Cardiff .

Dear DevonPirates,

I appreciate the kind review you have placed on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Maldron hotel for one night, very close to the train station and city centre so an ideal location. I had asked for a quiet room on a high floor but got a room by the lift on the sixth floor, we could hear a door banging until late at night and the train noise was very intrusive. I also thought the breakfast choice was limited and hot food was not very hot, yogurts contained gelatine so not suitable for vegetarians. The staff were very pleasant and the bar and restaurant areas were really nice.

Room Tip: Insist on a room facing the town if you don't want train noise most of the night.
Dear AndreaR75,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted you found our staff to be pleasant. We try to accommodate guest requests however this is not always possible due to high demand of upper floors.

If you chose to return to the hotel I would be pleased to handle your requests personally.
Regards,
Sturminster Newton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

5 minutes from the station. Pubs, clubs & shops nerby. Very efficient staff. The hotel was very clean. We had a room with 3 single beds which fitted easily into the room. The beds were very comfortable. We were on the 10th floor which was really good as it was a Saturday night after a big rugby match so the town was very busy and noisey but the noise level was minimal on this floor.We did not have breakfast at the hotel as there are many good cafes nearby. Would deffinitely stay here again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Carolyn9966,

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted you got to enjoy the city on an event weekend and you found the team to be efficient on this busy day.

I hope you will stay with us again.