“LOVELY HOTEL IN THE CENTRE”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff
Ranked #6 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersGold level
Reigate, United Kingdom
“LOVELY HOTEL IN THE CENTRE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

This hotel is in the centre of town so you can walk to all the shops and restaurants
The hotel is clean and staff are friendly, rooms are warm
jamie olivers restaurant is ten minute walk from the hotel which serves very good enexpinsive food and they are plenty of nice bars within five minute walk
we will be back

Room Tip: take upper floor rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear JaniceW,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a pleasant review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Cardiff.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Czech first
Chippenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiance were coming to Cardiff to do a spot of Christmas shopping, so when this offer came up on the secret escapes website we took it, £59 for the two of us which included two free alcoholic cocktails, double room and full Welsh breakfast. Which was great. The staff were very helpful and the room very comfortable with big screen TV. Would definitely stay here again as it's only a stone throw away from Cardiff Central station.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear davidcoe1976,

Thank you for your 5 star review on tripadvisor and for posting up some great pictures of your stay. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and were able to avail of one of the many fantastic offers online.

I look forward to welcoming you back when your return to Cardiff.
Warm Regards,
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is my 3rd stay in this hotel within last year. Its still the best in the town and great Value for Money. I had reviewed this hotel earlier as well. In spite of all very good points, I experienced vast decline in the quality of House keeping. Toilets and rooms are not cleaned and maintained well. Hotel management should take note of this.

The other area is Breakfast menu and options for Vegetarians. I stayed here for 6 nights, same menu with very few changes and surprises.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Saswat66,

I appreciate your return custom and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will pass your comments onto our housekeeping department so they can work to improve their standards throughout the hotel.
Thank you for your feedback and I hope I can welcome you again in the future.

Crowborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here with my son for the Wales v Argentina match.
The room was not available at 11am when we got there before the match. This was expected and we were able yo check in and get our room number but put our bags in storage.
We returned there after the match and met friends. The bar is well stocked, child friendly and safe.
Rooms are comfortable. Lift takes while because there are only two.
Breakfast was buffet style and standard but tasted good,
Overall very friendly and I would return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Mike N,

Thank you for the kind recommendation on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope I can welcome you back for another event in the city.

Rugeley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Another nights stay in Cardiff to watch the rugby . We were charged £417 for a twin room . We booked the room approx 6 weeks ago . I'm disgusted at the price charged and the standard offered . Prices are hiked up for the rugby weekends its appalling . Room was ok nothing special . No mini bar the usual tray kettle etc No toiletries in the bathroom . Breakfast was poor quality food totally self service bacon grilled on one side and synthetic looking egg . I know it's a busy time of year but no excuse for those prices and customer service lacking . Will not be staying here again there are better deals and nicer hotels .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sue j
Dear Sue J,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I believe a member of the management team has already been in contact with you prior to this review.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you are unsatisfied with how our Front Office Manager dealt with your feedback.

Regards,
North Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

This was the first time I had stayed this hotel in Cardiff. I found it to be bright and tidy as might be expected from it being very new. Reception staff were very friendly and efficient but I was slightly puzzled that my room card was placed in a small brown envelope ; not the kind of thing that is usual for hotels.

My room was clean and tidy and the only thing I could fault was that I couldn't find an electric shaver socket!

We didn't have dinner in the hotel but the breakfast was very good by modern standards of having a buffet service. Staff were attentive to tidying up used dishes and plates.

£65 for bed and breakfast was very good value.

Will go there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ken F,

Thank you for sharing such a fantastic review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. You will be pleased to know we no longer use the brown envelopes for key cards and have reverted back to our more traditional Key wallets.

I hope I can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards,