“A pleasant weekend break” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clayton Hotel, BW Premier Collection

Clayton Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #6 of 76 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Czech first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I recently visited cardiff city. This hotel was fabulous & very cosy. It was the perfect location for shopping, clubbing and dining out. We ate in the Stir restaurant and my god the food was fabulous. The staff were very friendly and the service was nothing but exceptional and very professional. A special thanks to two young men KC and Josh and the lovely Alison who were very professional and catered for all our needs. I can't recommend staying there highly enough.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Shirley O,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I am delighted you were so well looked after in our restaurant. It was a personal pleasure that I was able to welcome your party to the hotel and I hope we will get to welcome you back in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I had a very pleasant stay here and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It is ideally located close to all that Cardiff has to offer. I also had a delicious meal in the Stir restaurant in the hotel.
The staff were very helpful and friendly and in particular Alison and KC.
Having stayed in other hotels in Cardiff the Maldron was definitely the most enjoyable experience.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear ellok9889,

What a stunning title for a fantastic review. "Best hotel in Cardiff" it really is an honor that you found this title fitting for us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that I was personally able to welcome you to our Hotel.

I will pass your kind comments onto the team and I appreciate the 5 stars you have rated us on tripadvisor.

I hope I can welcome you back in the future.
Newcastle upon Tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed for one night on business. Very nice and comfortable room which was very quiet despite being next to the train station. Dinner and breakfast in the restaurant was very good and the staff despite being a bit thin on the ground at dinner and therefore very busy managed to offer a good standard of service. Would stay again/

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear s_parsons,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on tripadvisor. I am pleased you enjoyed your Food & Beverage experience and will pass your comments on to the Department head.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We attended a Xmas party at the Maldronhotels . We were met by staff who directed us to our room but we spent most of the evening at the make shift bar. Tables were well-dressed and there was a good atmosphere. Staff were aware that I had dietary requirements and made sure I had the correct food (I always make sure I identify myself to staff upon my arrival). The food for the most part was fine - I had plain chicken to start and plain salmon and potato with some carrots for main. As usual the message I sent about my intolerances had been watered down and by the time it got to the kitchen I ended up with a whole onion on my main (I can't touch them) and the fruits in my fruit salad would have made me very ill had I eaten them (I always carry some suitable biscuits for such incidents!) On the whole my meal was fine and my parter who chose from the main menu (pork) said his meal was fine. Service was quick and friendly and I'm sure we would return.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear ClareNo7,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted the Food and Beverage team managed to accommodate your special requirements for both starter and main course at your recent Christmas Party at our Hotel. We are constantly proactively seeking better ways to provide exceptional customer service, I am sure had you advised the team on the night of the error with your dessert they would have made every effort to find an alternative to the fruit salad.

I hope we can welcome your parties return for any future events you wish to hold in Cardiff.

Kind Regards,
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic stay at the hotel. The staff are very friendly and welcoming , and we were given a triple room , on the top floor, which was a very quiet room as requested . The rooms are well furnished, and comfortable, and have well stocked tea, and coffee available in room. We also visited the bar on the first floor , which was very cosy , and with friendly bar staff. I would recommend this hotel , particularly as it is in a fantastic location , close to the rail station, and shopping areas if Cardiff.many thanks to all the staff for an enjoyable stay.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear 168terry10,

Thank you for your kind comments and recommendation on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass your thanks onto the team.

I hope I can welcome you back on a future trip to the City.