“Comfortable, Clean and excellent location to rail network”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff
Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Business Stay.
Needed a room for night with easy access to Cardiff Central Station.
The hotel is literally a minutes walk from the station.
Room is spotless with all what you require from a hotel room
Decent sized LCD in the room, bathroom also spotless
Added bonus having Viva Brazil on the doorstep.
Would stay again RR £79.00 (8th floor)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GoodyWirral
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Goodywirral,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay overall and hope I can welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We booked a weekend in Cardiff at a very good rate at this hotel and were very impressed. We were on the 11th floor but the lifts were very good so no problem there. The rooms were very clean and tidy and still looked quite new. However I did notice the decor carpets etc were not to a very high standard so would imagine they won't stay that way.
The staff were very good quite friendly and checked us in quickly and gave us our room even though we came early just to drop off our cases.
The location is an excellent base for getting to the shops and the bars which are very close by
The only little gripe we had was in the bar when were having a drink and a member of staff decided to dry all the cutlery and throw it in a tray one piece at a time which made a hell of a noise and seemed to be taking great delight in doing so. Also the bar staff were not particularly friendly which was a shame as the actual var area was quite nice

1  Thank Theresa2812

Dear Theresa2812,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay overall. I have passed your comments onto the Food & Beverage Manager and he will work with his team to improve the atmosphere while under taking daily duties.

I hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed for concert in January, staff rude on check in, room stank of cigarettes, tried to leave door open but too many people about. Trains going all night. No parking (Marriott has own parking). Give it a miss.

Room Tip: try somewhere else
2  Thank a c
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear a c,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on tripadvisor. I am disappointed you did not enjoy your stay with us. As you can see from our previous reviews we have been rated very highly on customer service, I can assure you that your experience was one of an isolated nature. I will of course speak to the team and work on proactive training.

However if you would like to offer more detailed feedback on your stay you can contact me directly.
Regards,

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My friends and i stayed here on a Saturday night recently as a mini University reunion. The hotel is in the perfect location, very close to the shopping areas, bars, restaurants. A stones throw from Cardiff Central train station and a short walk to the Millenium Stadium and Castle.
Our room and the hotel itself was exceptionally clean and the staff were most friendly and helpful. The receptionist even upgraded us to a nicer room with a view of the city and Millenium Stadium.
The price for the room was great value for money and there were high quality products in the bathroom for us to use.
Thoroughly recommend this hotel, and will most definitely stay here next time we are in the city.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Ellemat,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your 5 star review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found the team to be Friendly & Helpful.
I look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We were 3 adults staying in a room with a double and single bed. The room was very comfortable and clean, the staff we're polite and efficient on check in. No complaints about the hotel, it was a very pleasant stay in a great city centre location.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Gavinandluke,

Thank you for your brief but glowing review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope we can welcome you back.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I book a secret escapes deal. £59. For the room B&B with a welcome cocktail. Amazing value for money. The room & bathroom were great. Clean. Great view. Location was great for shopping. Car park was just around the corner. Although I don't usually eat cooked breakfast what I had cereals,pastries juice were probably the best I've had in any hotel. Can't wait to go back soon.

Room Tip: We had a nice high room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JanetPortlanduk

Dear JanetportlandUK,

I am delighted you found our hotel to be "Fantastic" and appreciate the time you have taken to share your review on tripadvisor. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope I can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 1 night for a weekend break in Cardiff. The hotel is right by the station (don't look for a Best Western sign though - we completely missed the hotel because it has a big Maldron sign instead). It is also really near lots of shops and restaurants, plus the cinema. We were on the 9th floor, and could just see the Millennium Stadium from our room.

We didn't pay £9 each for breakfast here as the Wetherspoons across the road do breakfast for a lot cheaper (we paid £10 for 2 cooked breakfasts and drinks).

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators to minimise noise. Higher floors probably have less noise fro...

Dear Emmaluvseeyore,

I am delighted you had a "brilliant" stay with us and am pleased you decided to share your experience with other tripadvisor travelers.

I look forward to welcoming you back.