“Great location .”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff
Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Had 2 night break in this central Cardiff hotel. Comfy room with everything you need, good size, small sofa ,flat screen TV. Great shower another plus point.
Breakfast was self service but everything you want and all well cooked. Great to have porridge on a cold February morning.
Saw few staff but all helpful and great service in the bar - with a smile.
Car parking only downside but NCP car park close by - need to factor in additional £10 per night to cover cost.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Sue G.
Thank you for posting such a glowing review on tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you had a great experience during your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to write such a review. I look forward to seeing you in the future.
Warm regards
Linda Folan
Assistant Front Office Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,280)

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Right down the street from Cardiff Central train station. Located by everything you would need to shop for. Everything is within walking distance. Very good night rates. We will stay there again this November as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Azmyers5.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to share your five star review on tripadvisor. I look forward to personally welcoming you back in November.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

This was a great choice. We got to Cardiff at night from London. It was pouring rain and cold and coming from the station we were extremely grateful that the hotel was so close. It's a huge tower and easy to find. You can pretty much see it from the train/bus.

We booked a room for 3 people. With one single and one double it was a very good size. The bathroom/ toilet is very basic but does the trick.

The staff at reception is friendly and efficient. As this is a budget hotel, it's a bit no frills so don't expect much luxury. The people staying at the hotel can be a bit rowdy (wales was playing Ireland the weekend we stayed over so there were big groups of men ready to celebrate). This was not much of an issue once we got to our room and we only really saw the crowd in the evenings and in the morning at check out time.

The hotel is so central. We walked pretty much everywhere, wether it's the bay or the town centre it's easily accessible and everyone in town knows the maldron.

This is the place I will stay when I next go to Cardiff. No question.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Keyz,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a fantastic review on tripadvisor. Our reception team pride themselves on their customer service and I am delighted that they were without fault on this occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel with good rooms and a comfy bed! Food good especially breakfast. Irish staff are very friendly. We stayed on their valentines package which we really enjoyed. Sean in the restaurant was a great guy and looked after us well

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Donna B,
I am delighted that your stay at the Best Western Plus Maldron was enjoyable. I will pass your praise onto the team. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have recently spent 4 nights in this hotel on business and it was a very good overall experience.
The hotel is very close to a NCP car park as well as been close to the train station.
Hotel was clean and breakfast was nice with a good choice.
Restaurant at night had a decent menu with some nice dishes on it.
Will definitely use again next time in Cardiff.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Paul F_England,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.
I am pleased you enojoyed your stay and I look forward to meeting you on your return stay.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed for two nights on room only basis. Lovely room and good service. Good deal with booking.com at £110 for two nights. Modern , really clean and well equipped room - 810. Easy walking distance to restaurants, bars, shopping and train station. Hotel does a good deal with nearby ncp car park too. Recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ambercat 13,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with our offerings. We pride ourselves on being competitively priced and I am pleased you experienced this first hand. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Linda Folan

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I go to Cardiff often usually with friends or family, I had never stayed in the Maldron before but a lady I spoke to one night said it was really nice so I thought give it a go and I was really impressed with it staff lovely ,rooms very nice and very clean, breakfast that you can't fault except eating too much. I will certainly be staying here again.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear Gwenogwen,

Thank you for taking the time to post a five star review on tripadvisor. I am delighted your overall experience was enjoyable. I will pass on your kind comments to all departments and I look forward to meeting you on your return trip.