Clayton Hotel Cardiff
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
ML Lodge(Cardiff)
2,369 results
All reviewstrain stationcity centreperfect locationmillennium stadiumsingle bedcar parknight lifemodern hotelbars and restaurantslight sleepergood sizeafternoon teawithin easy walking distancebuffet stylefew minutes walkfamily roomself service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Hotel, great location city centre a few mins walk into heart of shopping area, tricky to find by car as hotel has no parking, so it's the NCP or a long stay next door a bit pricy at £18.50 for two days. The room was clean and tidy as was the hotel in general. A small gripe would have liked a bigger bed a double these days is a bit mean, even premier inns have big beds.
Hotel staff were very attentive, reception were helpful on a couple of occasion, they looked smart too.

****note to hotel need to provide better direction to car parking****

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear axeltramp.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor. I am delighted your experience at the Maldon was positive and our staff were attentive to your needs.
Our team pride themselves on their customer service and I am happy that they excelled on this occasion .
As a city centre hotel with excellent transport links we unfortunately do not have our own car parking facility however, we offer a 50% discount at the NCP on Wood Street of £9.00 per 24 hours. This is a reduction from the normal rate of £18.10 per 24 hours.
I would be delighted to personally give you directions to the car park when you decide to return to Cardiff, please feel free to contact me directly on 02920668866 .

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Had 2 night break in this central Cardiff hotel. Comfy room with everything you need, good size, small sofa ,flat screen TV. Great shower another plus point.
Breakfast was self service but everything you want and all well cooked. Great to have porridge on a cold February morning.
Saw few staff but all helpful and great service in the bar - with a smile.
Car parking only downside but NCP car park close by - need to factor in additional £10 per night to cover cost.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sue G.
Thank you for posting such a glowing review on tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you had a great experience during your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to write such a review. I look forward to seeing you in the future.
Warm regards
Linda Folan

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Right down the street from Cardiff Central train station. Located by everything you would need to shop for. Everything is within walking distance. Very good night rates. We will stay there again this November as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Azmyers5.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to share your five star review on tripadvisor. I look forward to personally welcoming you back in November.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

This was a great choice. We got to Cardiff at night from London. It was pouring rain and cold and coming from the station we were extremely grateful that the hotel was so close. It's a huge tower and easy to find. You can pretty much see it from the train/bus.

We booked a room for 3 people. With one single and one double it was a very good size. The bathroom/ toilet is very basic but does the trick.

The staff at reception is friendly and efficient. As this is a budget hotel, it's a bit no frills so don't expect much luxury. The people staying at the hotel can be a bit rowdy (wales was playing Ireland the weekend we stayed over so there were big groups of men ready to celebrate). This was not much of an issue once we got to our room and we only really saw the crowd in the evenings and in the morning at check out time.

The hotel is so central. We walked pretty much everywhere, wether it's the bay or the town centre it's easily accessible and everyone in town knows the maldron.

This is the place I will stay when I next go to Cardiff. No question.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Keyz,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a fantastic review on tripadvisor. Our reception team pride themselves on their customer service and I am delighted that they were without fault on this occasion.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel with good rooms and a comfy bed! Food good especially breakfast. Irish staff are very friendly. We stayed on their valentines package which we really enjoyed. Sean in the restaurant was a great guy and looked after us well

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Donna B,
I am delighted that your stay at the Best Western Plus Maldron was enjoyable. I will pass your praise onto the team. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,