Clayton Hotel Cardiff
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
ML Lodge(Cardiff)
2,383 results
All reviewstrain stationcity centreperfect locationmillennium stadiumsingle bedcar parknight lifemodern hotelbars and restaurantslight sleepergood sizeafternoon teawithin easy walking distancebuffet stylefew minutes walkfamily roomself service
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We booked in advance for an overnight stay - it was very good value and we were given, as requested, a quiet room on the 10th floor with great city views. The hotel was chosen because of its very handy proximity to the station and we were able to leave our luggage there all day before checking in at the end of the afternoon, and then again for most of the following day before leaving. The room was very comfortable with tea/coffee tray. Breakfast was self-service, with plenty of choice including fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt then all the usual cooked options to make up a full English. The do-it-yourself toaster gave you just enough time to help yourself to a hot drink from the machine. All in all an ideal choice for a city centre break without breaking the bank.

Room Tip: Higher rooms must be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear CattleAnn,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on tripadvisor. I am pleased you were happy with our offerings and delighted that our front office team were able to honour your request of a quiet room with a view on a high floor. We endeavour to honour all our guests’ requests.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Reviewed 29 April 2014

stayed at this hotel because of dr who package,although it was nice it would have been a lot better if more effort had been made.Dr who themed menu was just a black and white piece of paper could have been more professional.Dr who straws and ice cube trays can be bought in Lakeland in Cardiff and would have made such a difference to the themed cocktails!Could have been more choice on menu also.Hotel was a lot noisier than expected because of several stag/hen parties.Whilst in restaurant for evening meal were ignored ,when we asked for more drinks felt we were being an inconvenience to waiter-JAKOB!Everything seemed to be too much of an effort for him,when clearing plates he dropped some food and instead of picking it up kicked it across the floor!We were not offered tea or coffee as he just disappeared.If staying at this hotel would just do so on room basis only

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Amy J,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate customer feedback and we endeavour proactively seek to improvement our offerings. I am sorry that our Dr Who package was not to your liking, I will pass on your issues and suggestions to our food and beverage team.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel is a 2 min walk from the station and is so handy! The staff were friendly and informative on check in. Had to pay/secure £100 deposit which was a bit off putting but we were on a hen do and there were loads of stag dos there so is understandable (the hotel seemed to group all the stag/hen dos together before this puts anyone off).

The rooms were spacious, clean and modern. The view in our room was great too. The beds were comfy and they give you 2 types of pillow. The only thing was the shower (room 503) had little to no water pressure so was weak, though hot. Also the bathroom gets very steamy.

The breakfast is brilliant. It's a buffet with good choice of both food and drink. The restaurant was spacious and light too.

The hotel is walking distance from the station, the city centre, the Millennium Stadium and the castle which was brilliant.

Only problem we had was that a family room booked for three people was not provided; they gave them a double and had to put in a spare camp bed into the room which was not ideal. But they got a free bottle of (cheap) wine as an apology.

Would recommend, especially for groups and parties.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear gimme_wings,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall. I will pass on your kind comments to our breakfast team. I am delighted our team on duty were able to rectify the error we made with your booking and offer a complimentary bottle of wine as compensation.

From previous reviews you can see that our hotel water pressure surpasses the industry standard, I will have maintenance investigate the issue in 503 immediately. I appreciate you brining this to my attention.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Rooms nice, modern place, but the food at breakfast was shocking the buffet was over loaded there was enough bacon on there to feed a small army and been out that long it was cold the rest of the food had a weird fatty taste to it so avoid the food at all cost

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rogerlad

Dear Rogerlad,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on tripadvisor. I am disappointed that you found our breakfast to be lacking on this occasion. I will pass on your concerns to our head chef so he can work to improve our offerings. As you can see from previous reviews our normal standard of breakfast is high and we are continuously working to improve this.

As you have only awarded us 1 star I would be interested to hear your feedback with reference other aspects of your stay that also warranted your rating of 1 star.

I would like to restore your faith in our hotel, if you wish to book again, please contact me directly on 02920668866 and I will personally manage your booking.
Regards,