Clayton Hotel Cardiff
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
ML Lodge(Cardiff)
2,366 results
All reviewstrain stationcity centreperfect locationmillennium stadiumsingle bedcar parknight lifemodern hotelbars and restaurantslight sleepergood sizeafternoon teawithin easy walking distancebuffet stylefew minutes walkfamily roomself service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2014

When looking it up I was prepared for the worst, seeing how close it is to the railway. With my room on the 7th floor I hardly noticed the trains and clearly enjoyed the view (the bay in the distance and the town center right at my feet) and the closeness to the pedestrian area. The room war spaceous (got two beds for 1 person, one of them even being a kingsize), very tidy and since the hotel isn't that old it has a modern touch to it. Very comfortable bed, lots of cushions, nice bathroom, and as we were travelling with a group there was breakfast and dinner included. Food was very tasty with lots of choice. Staff was very friendly and helpful - lost the case for my glasses and it was found and returned. Cardiff was crowded with stag and hen parties, some of them staying at the Maldron. Again expecting the worst there was no hell breaking loose down the hallways in the middle of the night; either they keep those parties and us "grumpy old folks" nicely separated or the walls and doors are even sturdier than they look.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear HeikeDormagen,
Thank you for posting such a glowing review on tripadvisor.
I am delighted that our hotel exceeded your expectations. I will pass on your praise to our entire team. I hope you enjoyed your time in Cardiff.
I hope we can welcome you back in the future,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here on a Thursday and Friday night, both quite different experiences, Thursday was reasonably quiet, although it was busy it was mainly business customers but Friday was hectic, they had at least two hen parties and two stag parties check in. This meant that the hotel became much nosier and much more boisterous, but saying this it didn't detract from a very pleasant stay and the hotel staff were very professional dealing with large groups. The NCP carpark is literally 2 minutes walk away and cost £9.00 a day. The location was very central and just a few minutes walk away from the castle, the Millenium Stadium and lots of lovely restaurants. The only thing that let it down was its breakfast which was very disappointing, with undercooked bacon, and bullet like eggs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne R

Dear Anne R,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.
Our entire team pride themselves on their customer service and professionalism and I am delighted that you witnessed this first hand.
I will pass on your feedback on our breakfast offerings to our food and beverage team in relation to the bacon and eggs.
I hope we can welcome you back in the enar future,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I agree with all comments about the location you are just a stroll away from the shops, bars, station and eating areas. The rooms are small and I agree that not much other places to sit our family room had 1 chair but then again I don't go on holiday to sit around.The bathroom isn't small only the sink is but yet again how much space does one want to wash their face and clean teeth and there was a little space around the sink and yes there was a towel holder over the bath. I must admit breakfast wasn't the best in terms of quality but there was choice. We had problems with kids bed and staff sorted it out and next day refunded what we had paid for the kids and refunded the car park ticket so couldn't have asked for more and I thank them for doing that.All in all good hotel for a city centre visit

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Lewiscrrw,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay over all and I am delighted that our team were able to rectify the issues you had.
I hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future. Should you wish to book direct with us please feel feel to contact me directly at lfolan@maldronhotels.com and I would be delighted to personally handle your reservation.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We caught the train and as soon as we got out of the station we seen the hotel right in front of us. Perfect location and has everything right there. We was on the 8th floor and we had amazing views facing the centre. The room was clean and had everything inside for a weekend stay. The breakfast was really good and the best cooked breakfast I have ever had at a hotel. I would stay here again on my next shopping trip.

Room Tip: High floor for a good view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Meleke10,
Thank you for taking the time to post your glowing review on tripadvisor. I am delighted you were pleased with our offerings. I wil pass on praise to our entire team.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the not to distant future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Most important, this hotel is new, clean and located in middle of the town. You can just walk to shops, town centre and market. Service was also good. Real value for money. Will recommend friends to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Ring Ring C,
Thank you for taking the time to post your five star review on tripadvisor.
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay .
I hope to welcome you and your friends back in the near future,