“Central, dependable, comfortable & welcoming”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff
Ranked #7 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed here 10 or more times, and each time welcomed by smiling, professional and well-trained staff who know their jobs. The rooms are well appointed with comfortable beds and the breakfasts are tasty with a good range of dishes. The hotel's convenient location is also an asset - the main shopping area is only a couple of minutes' walk away and both the train station and the bus terminus are within 150m.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ecosapiens
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear EcoSapiens.
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you choose to return to us on such a regular basis. I will pass on your kind words to our entire team.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
2  Thank Barbara J

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just returned from a two night stay at the Mauldron. The hotel is central to everything, even St. Fagan's is only a bus ride away. Enjoyed the food, enjoyed the room, and enjoyed the fantastic service from Paddy, who never stopped, but always smiling. The waiters at meal times were really good at their job, in fact we found all staff gave great service. Bar prices are very reasonable and the surroundings relaxing, would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vanya w
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear vanya w,
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Paddy is a valued member of our team and I will personalyy pass on your kinds words to him.
I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Right next to the train station - handy as we arrived in a downpour - check in was quick and easy, room was modern and well equipped. Only stayed for one night but would use this hotel again - recommended. Would have given 5 stars but we found the bar very noisy when full. The trendy wooden floors seemed to magnify the noise. Just a minor gripe though. Ckeck out was not until 12 noon - great for a Sunday lie in.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert07

Dear Robert07,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review ontripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your over all stay with us. I will pass on your feedback to in relation to noise levels when the bar is busy to our bar team.
I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2014

this central- Cardiff hotel had great customer service and the staff were very helpful. the room I had from the hotel was of the street below a I could see for miles. the breakfast was absolutely amazing, with toast, fruit, juice, herbal teas, fry- up, yoghurts, Danish pastries, pain au chocolats, cereals, porridge and croissants! Yum! I would definitely come again!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the street, I was in room 805...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sophie K

Dear Sophie K,
Thank you for posting your five star review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you were pleased with your stay. Our entire team pride themselves on their customer service and I am delighted that you experienced this first hand.
I will personally pass on your praise to our breakfast team. I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. The location is perfect as it's 15 minutes walk away from Cardiff bay. :)
The room was spacious, very clean and quiet (There's Cardiff Central Station round the corner and we didn't hear a thing!) with all the necessary facilities. The view was so lovely. We could see the Millenium centre!
Breakfasts were great. Huge choice of...pretty much everything (cheese, fruit, pastry)
The stuff were extremely friendly and helpful.
Made me want to come back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zulele
MaldronHotel, Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Zylele,
Thank you for posting such a glowing review on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us .
I will pass on your praise to our entire team.
I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014