“Much better than a hotel!”

A Space in the City @ Quayside
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed with my boyfriend for his birthday the weekend of the 05/04/14.
The apartment is lovely. Clean, stylish and right in the middle of Cardiff bay!
Cardiff bay is full of restaurants and can imagine it is buzzing on a sunny day! Cardiff city centre is a 5 minute bus journey and the bus stop is just outside the apartment flats.
The only fault I can find with my stay is that the wii wasn't working and a lamp in the lounge wasn't working. But considering we were upgraded from a one bedroom apartment to a two bedroom. No real complaints!
would definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2014
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
A Space i, General Manager at A Space in the City @ Quayside, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Tess, thank you for your review, so pleased to hear that you had a lovely time with your boyfriend for his birthday. Hopefully you guys will come & stay with us again next year to :)

Reviewed 4 April 2014

There was not enough milk and coffee and stuff that I had when I stayed last time.
The most annoying thing was that I got to find out that I had to pay extra £25 as it was a sunday booking after I had booked.
The other annoying thing was that last time I stayed I didn't have to pay anything for teh parking but this time although it was discounted but had to pay £12 for the parking for 48 hour. All this was extra costs for me and I was very upset because of all of this!!
I am not sure who's responsibility (Booking.com or Space in the City)it is to mention all these when someone is booking!!
The more pleasant experience I had last time the worse experience I had this time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Raj R
A Space i, General Manager at A Space in the City @ Quayside, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hello Raj,

As you booked through an agent site you will find that our apartments are listed without parking, in addition we also confirm that check in fee's are chargeable for those arriving late at night outside of our normal check in times or for Sunday arrivals.

I'm sorry that you feel that you were not aware of these costs but they are listed for your awareness to help customers plan ahead on where to park and when to arrive.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was our first visit to Cardiff - and we were keen to explore, get our bearings, visit, discover and generally wander. Being based in Cardiff Bay proved to be a top choice. Plenty to do and see (and eat and drink) around Mermaid Quay, and then a short bus or taxi ride into the city centre.
Everything about the apartment went extremely well - from being greeted upon arrival by Steve (who was friendly and helpful), the location, the clean, quiet, well-appointed accommodation. We were very pleased.
I'd like to think that we have passed the Elementary Cardiff test (with a borderline mark though for the No 6 bus) - and would like to come back to see some more. If so, we'll definitely be using Space in the City again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed in an apartment across from the Millennium Centre, Cardiff. Fantastic place, 2 double bedrooms, large open plan kitchen, dining area and living room. Fully fitted kitchen, 2 bathrooms. Cheaper than staying in a hotel. Will definitely book again. Fantastic 5 star.

Room Tip: Look at A Space City before booking anywhere else. We had apartment 4, I really can't fault it a...
1  Thank Northolt
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I'm so pleased about this appartaments,for sure ill book again,very close to all amenities,very nice furnished,luxury and clean,even the communication with the staff,they are very helpfull and I was satisfied during my stay.....ill book again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The apartment was brilliant and was in a very convenient location. We were warmly welcomed and when our lights fused the first time we switched them on Steve sorted it out in about 5 minutes! Very impressive!
Everything was available that we needed during our stay but a hook behind the bathroom door and a light above the bathroom mirror would have been useful.
We stay in Cardiff regularly and will always book here in the future!

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor and set in a little which meant it was very quiet and peaceful. We l...
1  Thank Jillian D
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Fab studio apt met by Steve who showed us inside the apt & explained everything. Very clean, warm, plenty of hot water, fully equipped kitchen if you want to cook but so many restaurants nearby, quiet location and the balcony was a plus. Very highly recommend

Room Tip: We were in flat 67