“House concept at a good location”

and 1 more site!
A Space in the City @ Quayside
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

There was only one wine glass. The toilet was not very clean. There is a bad smell when you first get in something like trash. Shampoo and bath shower is very limited. The rest is good. Stephen was very helpful

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Fulya O
A Space i, General Manager at A Space in the City @ Quayside, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you found a couple of issues during your stay. Pleased to hear that Stephen looked after you.

Look forward to your custom in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have just returned from a 2 night stay on Cardiff Bay to celebrate my husbands 50th Birthday. Beccy at online reservations was really helpful with organizing some extras which made the weekend extra special. Our apartment was spotless and well decorated. The location was perfect, opposite the millennium theater. There were lots of discounts included for restaurants and parking. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Read the booking information through, you will need to take ID. Make good use of the discounts offer...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my partner. An arrival we met a nice gentleman who showed us the way to our studio. Location was very nice. Bathroom a little mouldy. Some of the apartments are privately owned. We had very loud neighbours - partied every night through and threw trash on our balcony including roaches (NOT cockroaches). The apartment has no air condition so it was quite hot at nights, but there's a portable fan available.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Monika,

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear that residents in another apartment took away some of your enjoyment if the apartment. As we only have a portion of the development it's not always possible for us to control noise levels although I will say such instances are rare it's usually a very quiet place to stay.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed 3 nights 30th July 2014.
Clean apartment, central location.
Had to make contact with them as did not know if/ when we would be met as communication let them down. Otherwise I can't fault it. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights with my partner, On arrival I met a man who showed me around the room and gave me the keys to the room, The gentleman who showed me around the room then asked me for a bigger deposit than I had been told over the phone which I wasn't happy about. Also on my review of my booking I had stated that I would like a balcony which I had payed over 300 pounds to book the room and expected a balcony, other than that the location was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A K

Thank you for your review. All deposits taken are damage deposits & these are refundable to guests on departure as long as no damages have occurred. Whilst we do have a selection of apartments wishing Quayside I'm afraid that they do not all have balconies & whilst we are able to take requests for balconies we are not able to guarantee one & there are no additional charges applied.

We are pleased to hear that everything else was enjoyable & you enjoyed the location, although disappointed that you have only rated us a one as feel we have supplied you with what was agreed.

Look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Steven, the manager was a very helpful person helping us to find a parking area and all queries were gladly met. Rather unusual method for finding the location but we found it eventually, Really needs a better map location system and don't rely on google maps, because it was outdated when we went in 2014 and would confuse strangers to the area because a lot of new infrastructure has been added.

Room Tip: The apartments that open onto a courtyard via french windows are my preference for fresh air in summ...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014

When we checked in, I was so happy with the location, we could see the Millennium Center from our window. Right in the heart of the Cardiff Bay area, A Space in the City- Mermaid Quay is a perfect little spot.

For the Americans- there's no air conditioning, but even though the days were warm on our trip, opening up the windows worked sufficiently enough to keep the apartment cool and comfortable.

It was a bit noisy during the day with the hustle and bustle of Cardiff Bay, but we didn't mind so much- the nights were quiet and peaceful.

If you're looking for the Doctor Who Experience, or anything related to Torchwood, this is the primo spot to stay while you're in Cardiff- walking distance to the Experience and to Ianto's Shrine.

Overall- I would stay here again because it was clean and the landlord that met us with the keys was friendly and welcoming- they even have deals with local restaurants for 20 percent off the food bill- which was a really nice perk!

Room Tip: If available, request a room with a Balcony- great view of the Millennium Center.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends