Review Highlights
St Davids Hall

Reviewed today
stevobugle
South African in England
Dated venue by acoustics are fantastic

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Tink0707
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Cardiff
from US$115.67
from US$16.40
from US$16.40
More Info
All reviews concert hall sound quality comfortable seating great concert great acoustics great view of the stage bar area lovely venue great night staff were very helpful performance auditorium orchestras proms tier interval audience
Reviewed today

Always check when visiting Cardiff for the wide range of entertainment at St Davids Hall. It is a lovely venue and the staff at the ticket office are so obliging and keen to assist. The added bonus is that the Hall is located in the middle of the city Centre.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

We went to St David's to see Joe Lycett and we were not disappointed. The venue was perfect, we were treated like human beings, unlike most musical/stadium venues where you are treated like cattle. A beautiful clean venue with helpful staff, particularly in the delightful gin bar, the bar staff were very knowledgeable about the different gins on offer, and were able to recommend the best mixers for the gin. Drinks were very reasonably priced, and the event was a pure delight. Thank you St David's

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Visited, st. David’s Hall as a birthday present for my partner, watching joe lycette (the comedian).
The show was amazing, joe and supporting act Suzie ruffle were brilliant!! The seats were really comfy and there was lots of bars to choose from. Unfortunately, the night was tainted by very rude bar staff. I went to get a drink in the show and was told they were only serving in the interval. I waited until the interval and went back to get more drinks as I walked over a male bar man said loud enough for me to hear... here she’s comes again as if I had been a nuisance. The bar manager spoke down to me as if I was a child as I asked for 2 pints she sarcastically laughed at me and in a rude tone said we don’t do pints its bottles this woman’s continued to be very rude talking down to me and telling me not to take my drinks back into the venue which I was confused about as I had had drinks in there before and waited until the interval. Then as I walked away she shouted I give up. Really ruined my night. Please get more polite bar staff on the 5th floor.

Reviewed 5 days ago

I went with friends to see The Blow Monkeys and Level 42 a few weeks ago. Due to it being a seated show I purchased seats in the stalls which were great for when the The Blow Monkeys were playing, BUT when Level 42 came on everyone stood up to dance. I have a disability where i can't stand for long periods of time so without being a killjoy this really got me annoyed. I did complain and was moved to where i could enjoy the show without looking at someones back. In the future i will be needing a wheelchair so noting people there in wheelchairs at the back of the stalls, they must have been really disappointed with their view also. I don't think i would visit this place again for a show i was not that impressed..

Reviewed 1 week ago

Went to this show tonight with my husband. the show was a sellout and as there was a "warm up act" on beforehand, the place wasn't too busy, when we first arrived. We think people held back a bit because they only wanted to see the main part of the show. The Stylistics were absolutely amazing, most people were up dancing and everyone was singing, it all brought back so many memories. The only thing I was a bit put out about was, we were sat on Level 5, and could see over the stalls.There were a lot of people using their mobile phones and was left alone, but as soon as we put ours on the usher was flashing her torch onto us, and flicking the light, as if to say "turn it off", if they're going to do this, they should do it for everyone. I didn't let if upset my evening, the Stylistics were truly amazing. Well done to St. Davids hall for hosting them.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Went to see this band, venue so easy to get to. Stall seats provided a fab view of stage.
Not a sold out performance which meant those that wanted to dance could do so and move to an area where nobody was seated and the staff were ok with this.
Not a bad seat in the house to be honest.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for Echo & the Bunnymen concert. It’s a good size venue & most seats have a pretty good view. Acoustics are fantastic!!
Had a bit of a challenge at this show as it’s a band with a cult following - so people wanted to stand up & dance & sing along .... but it’s seats so people sitting down were unhappy about standing people. This seemed to make some guests more unruly so they kept pressing to the front. The band told guests to come upfront but security said no. In the end, half the audience went down to the stage for the last 2 songs.
They had small stand for concert memorabilia which was fine. Small bar. Interesting most people sat on level 2 but restrooms are level 2.
Go for the sound quality, not the actual venue quality.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A great choice for this annual event as it catered for hundreds of guests very well and all seemed to go smoothly from the red carpet arrival to a champagne reception and the BAFTA ceremony.
Plenty of friendly staff available to look after the guests at all times and the whole event was a pleasant experience. All the services were adequate generally, but toilet queues for ladies and gentlemen at the interval were quite long and I’m sure this could be improved with additional facilities.
In all a lovely experience and a memorable one for all the guests, then on to the Radison Blue hotel for a reception.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Why, why has a large city centre theatre like this have only one very tiny lift. We had tickets on level 5, ok you can use the escalator for the first 2 floors but after that the stairs are really the only alternative, as the lift is overcrowded and slow. The seating in the auditorium is fine and the acoustics very good. We thoroughly enjoyed the show and would use this theatre again. Next time we will take the lift from the ground floor!! However if you are disabled then this theatre may not be to your liking.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

had a look round this venue and a coffee on level 3, seems out dated especially with bigger venues in the city and the stadium a few minutes walk away, still a very popular place going by the number of shows on sales.