Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel
US$113
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Future Inn Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$94
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
US$118
  • Pool
Novotel Cardiff Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Cardiff(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$162
US$154
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre(Cardiff)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
Priceline
  • Room Service
All reviewsbrewers fayrefree parkingan industrial estatepub next doorcardiff cityall you can eatno liftcar parkminute drivegood nights sleepmeal dealquiet locationsat navnight's sleepfamily roomair conditioningthe ground floor
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights on a sight-seeing trip with 2 children. Lovely spacious, clean family room and friendly, professional staff. Had a problem on the 2nd night with noisy "neighbours" and the night security/receptionist chap did what he could to sort it. The next day we were told we would get a full refund for the night, in line with their "Good Night's Sleep" policy, despite us not asking for it (wasn't really their fault we were kept awake!) They also assured us that the troublemakers would not be staying there again, and couldn't have been more apologetic.
Brilliant breakfasts - all you can eat and kids eat free - kids especially loved being able to have 3 or 4 breakfasts, including bacon sandwiches and chocolate muffins! Set us up for the day so no need for a big lunch. Brewers Fayre no surprise as there is one in our home town - decent enough "pub" food, and staff were very quick to make me a new salad (at least, I hope it was!) when mine arrived with a random creature tucking in to the lettuce. Would definitely come here again, and recommend to others, especially when special deals are on offer.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tanslat
Reviewed 31 March 2011

My partner and I stayed here 18th to 20th March 2011 cost was £58.00 total. we travelled there by car and it was great to see that the car park was free, had plenty of spaces and also very well lit with lots of CCTV.

We arrived around 5pm and was welcomed by a lovely man who checked us in and also advised us of all the information including breakfast and meals in the pub next door. Due to already having arrangements we did not have the Breakfast however again what was offered to us did sound a very good deal for your money.

The Location of the hotel is just by The Magic Roundabout in Cardiff's Ocean Park and only a quick 10min walk into the centre. Our room was located at the far end of the hotel on the upper floor i did not notice any lift to the upper floor therefore had to use the stairs. The room looked out to the main road and there was no noise. The room was larger than expected and the bed a king with very good quality bedding. The bathroom is just the right size with a bath/over bath shower. Both the room and the bathroom was very clean.

The hotel does provide large bath sheets to which are a nice quality meaning you don't have to bring your own. The room does not have an Iron or Iron board in it however this is not a problem as they are able to be borrowed from reception. I kept these for the whole of my stay.

During getting ready to go out on the first night to enjoy the delights of Cardiff there was a lot of noise coming from the surrounding rooms mainly from a group of young lads who also must of been getting ready i went to reception to advise of the noise to which at this point the lads had taken to using the hallway to display their behaviour. When i got to reception there were two male staff at the desk both greeted me and as soon as i told them what was going on one went to speak with the lads. I must say on my return to the room it was silent. Another demonstration of excellent service.

The next morning i went to reception to ask for more tea and coffee, the lady behind the counter was only to please to help and gave me plenty of everything in a bag more than enough for the rest of my stay. As i had also left the room with out my key she happily walked back to my room to let me back in.

I would stay the best things about this hotel are : It's Customer Service, Location in Cardiff, Free Parking, Good Size Comfortable Rooms & Value for money especially if like us you get it for £29.00 a night.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shahllari
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I stayed in the hotel with my teenage daughter and the staff were really pleasant and welcoming but the Pub food was awful. It was heated up in the mircowave therefore in my case i had Quiche(hard on the sides and rubbery inside) ,baked potato(cold) and salad( old and wilted) and the meal tasted disgusted.The curry was below par, the puddings tiny portions and cold ,the staff were not tentitive to the guests.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cheekygirls_11
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2011

Thanks for your feedback. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay. All feedback both positive and negative is investigated and acted upon to ensure we are offering our customers the best possible service. Thanks for your feedback regarding your food from the adjacent restaurant please be assured your comments will be passed to the Management Team for investigation. Once again thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2010

Just returned from a Rugby week end,Wales lost again!Accomodation was what you expect from a Premier Inn.We were however most disapointed with the Brewers Fare,it was like a throw back with last orders being called at 10.50pm.We were 4 adults not wishing to stay up drinking to the small hours but expecting as is the norm now to be able to obtain drinks until a reasonable time.We were told it was "company policy",well it is certainly not the case at other Premier Inns,Cardiff North for example.Have stayed here before and seen a group of perfectly well behaved French supporters amazed by this "company policy".The food was also somewhat disapointing and the breakfast service a joke with orders being mixed up and sent back.There seemed to be too much just piled up on plates that were too small.
Will certainly use Premier Inns again but maybe not this one.Also the policy of increasing prices for "special events"seems unfair particularly to regular users, cannot a loyalty scheme be considered or the risk is run of people staying away because of cost.Witness the empty seats at the Stadium,WRU also take note!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daithomas
Reviewed 5 November 2010

We stayed there as we're attending the Ryder Cup in Newport. Not a word about location, as we knew before going, where it was. The satff ignores you absolutely. They carrge you the price in advance! Previous guest had been smoking in our room. It was stinking when we arrived. As I am a smoker I didn't mind, but my wife was disgusted. They hadn't cleaned the window shelf, and it was full of cigarrette ash. Next day...had a register to tick us off as if we were still in school !!! Unbeliavable! When I went down to claim, I was offered a cheap bottle of wine !! The breakfast in the pub next door is excelent, but not the meals. It's "frozen-ready cooked" food, not acceptable.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank TravelTrospid
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2010

Thank you for your review, we are very sorry that you were disappointed during your stay at our Cardiff City South hotel. We are very concerned that on arrival your room smelt of cigerette smoke, at Premier Inn we do have a very strict non-smoking policy in all our establishments and our team actively support this policy. Your comments regarding your stay have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our Cardiff hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated in our endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customers requirements.