Stayed here in a family room - with my Husband and 2 girls, room & bathroom were spotless. With Children's beds already made up - which I didn't expect - as I thought they were just having a sofa bed. Only 2 towels had been left for 4 people, so I requested more, this wasn't a problem.
We ate in the ajoined Brewers Fayre - this turned out to be a terrible experince, I had Carvery - which served "frozen" roast potaotes & Veg. The menu said they offered beef, gammon, turkey and vegetable pie. But they only had a very small amount of turkey and gammon - of which I had the last of the gammon, my meal was cold, and I could not finish it. My Husband and one of my daughters ordered rare steak - this arrived not cooked as requested - over done - and was also served with luke warm chips and peas. My younger Daughter ordered from the children's menu - and was happy with her sausage and mash (smash) although she had ordered corn on the cob - as she dislikes peas - but ended up with peas on her plate along with the corn. Three desserts were ordered, hot crumble served with cold custard - not accetable. At no point did anyone ask if our meal was ok. But after being served the desserts, we quietly called the waiter over, who dealt with the problem by calling the Mangeress.
She was very apologetic, and agreed it was not up to their usual standard and promptly offered a total refund and another free round of drinks and replacement desserts if requested. Which we declined. We made no fuss - but spoke quietly & politely, I feel although the meal was terrible - the way the situtation was handled was good.
We had a good comfy night in the Premier Inn, but was woken firstly at midnight by a member of staff pushing a meal deal refund letter under our door! and then secondly, at about 8am, by the smoke/fire alarm going off, and having to vacate our room ( with children in tow in pj's) which we later found out was due to someone using hair spray underneath the smoke alarm in their room!
Breakfast, which incidently was given to us free, as an apology for the evening before, was lovely and hot and plentiful. Only gripe here, was the forest fruits were still frozen!
Coffee/tea & juices were also plentiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take time out at the Premier Inn Hotel Cardiff City South. Half way between Cardiff Bay and the city centre, with free on-site parking, you'll be well placed to make the most of every minute in the capital. Travel through time and space at the Doctor Who Experience. Lose yourself in the hundreds of shops, bars and restaurants. Catch every second of the action at the Millennium Stadium, SWALEC Stadium and Cardiff City Stadium. Then, whether you've been battling daleks or hunting bargains, relax in our tasty restaurant, spacious rooms and comfy beds. Directions: M4(J33) onto A4232, follow signs for city centre. A4234 take sign for Splott, at roundabout take 3rd exit. At 2nd roundabout (magic roundabout) 2nd exit then the 1st right, then 1st right again. Next to Ocean Park Brewers Fayre. Transport and local information: Cardiff International Arena Events Millennium Stadium Events Cardiff Castle & Tredegar House Cardiff Central Train Station 1 mile Cardiff Airport 17 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel Cardiff
- Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel Wales