We decided to stay at this hotel as it was close to the Bay which is where our mini-break actitivies were centred.
I don't want to say too much because the whole review will come across as negative. What I will say is the hotel is very close to the Bay, so if this is your main point you're looking for, you can't go wrong. Expect to pay £5approx for a cab from hotel to Bay / vice versa. Despite google maps giving you a walking route, its actually not feasible due to dual carriageways with no footpaths, so cab / car / bus is much safer.
Our room (num 35) was hot beyond belief, so much so that we all slept on top of the covers in our underwear, and thats with 2 fans in the room provided by the hotel. We couldn't have the window open because of the noise from the car park at night (people coming and going from the pub restaurant next door). Also, there was a musty smell everywhere that seemed like a combination of dust and damp, and was just really unpleasant. Additionally, lighting in our room was faulty, as was shower gel dispenser in bathroom- nothing major, but you expect things to at least work.
We tried to explain this both on night and the following morning and both times were fobbed off by reception staff who just said the building was old without air con and they could only apologise and recommend we stay in a hotel with air conditioning in future (!!!) and that the company were too tight to pay for proper equipment.
Overall, I'd rather pay the extra in a cab and hotel fees and stay in the city in future. We certainly will be back to Cardiff and the Bay, but we won't be back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take time out at the Premier Inn Hotel Cardiff City South. Half way between Cardiff Bay and the city centre, with free on-site parking, you'll be well placed to make the most of every minute in the capital. Travel through time and space at the Doctor Who Experience. Lose yourself in the hundreds of shops, bars and restaurants. Catch every second of the action at the Millennium Stadium, SWALEC Stadium and Cardiff City Stadium. Then, whether you've been battling daleks or hunting bargains, relax in our tasty restaurant, spacious rooms and comfy beds. Directions: M4(J33) onto A4232, follow signs for city centre. A4234 take sign for Splott, at roundabout take 3rd exit. At 2nd roundabout (magic roundabout) 2nd exit then the 1st right, then 1st right again. Next to Ocean Park Brewers Fayre. Transport and local information: Cardiff International Arena Events Millennium Stadium Events Cardiff Castle & Tredegar House Cardiff Central Train Station 1 mile Cardiff Airport 17 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel Cardiff
- Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel Wales