Premier Inn Cardiff City South Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbrewers fayrefree parkingan industrial estatepub next doorcardiff cityall you can eatno liftcar parkminute drivegood nights sleepmeal dealquiet locationsat navnight's sleepfamily roomair conditioningthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We came for a visit to the Doctor Who Experience and to visit the Ianto Jones Shrine. The hotel was well situated for this a taxi costing us around £6.00 to get us to where we needed to be. The staff were very nice Shelly on reception was very warm and welcoming and all staff that I encountered were very pleasant. There were two fans provided in the room and I didn't find it too warm and had a great nights sleep on both nights. The rooms are your typical Premier Inn rooms and the housekeeping staff do a great job of keeping them beautifully clean. I was in a twin room which consisted of a double and a single bed, I slept in the single which even for an adult was comfy. I enjoyed my stay here and I would recommend this Premier Inn if you are planning a trip to Cardiff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Nandocat
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our review title arises because my husband is disabled, so many hotels, though excellent in other ways, are not ideal in some form or the other.
Premier Inns seem always to be reliable and Cardiff City South is no exception. Perfectly adequate room; a little on the warm side but there was a heatwave on so that was unsurprising. A great bed - Lenny Henry is right - and we also congratulate Brewers Fayre for producing some tasty food at very reasonable price.
Yes, would certainly recommend to others.
Staff always pleasant and helpul nowadays. I find the same wherever I am with Costa Coffee and Café Nero. It fascinates me how that consistency is achieved !

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norman P
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Pleasant branch of Premier Inn with good staff. However room was unbearably hot (30 degrees at 1am) and despite staffs providing 2 fans it was very difficult to sleep. Problem made worse by the family room being a standard double with 2 single beds added. Very cramped. Would expect a family room to be slightly larger.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Clean & comfortable, although slightly smaller than usual twin size room. Walls in our room could have done with a fresh lick of paint, as there was a few marks and drink stains on the walls. Had a few stag and hen parties staying at the same time, although did hear a peep from them. Found staff in hotel friendly, although bar staff lacked interest in their job or customers. It's a good 30 minute walk from town and the bay. Did not find this one as easy to locate as others, as sat nav took us on a tour around a local housing estate with narrow streets and some rough speed bumps. Being in an industrial estate, there is not much to do or see around it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We travelled to Cardiff for our friends hen do. It was a perfect stay. The hotel was lovely and clean, and had lots of amenities. The reception staff were friendly. The hotel is about a 5-10 taxi ride to the city centre. Which made the taxi very cheap for all involved in the hen do.
Rooms are big and clean, towels provided in bathrooms. Also fans were provided in the rooms but also had air conditioning in ours.

Room Tip: Perfect for groups, as its cheap. Also very clean. Only down side is the hairdryers..bring your own.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends