“Fantastic!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Just returned from a 2 night stay here and I have to say for a "budget" hotel it was far superior to many hotels of a higher standard that I have stayed in....Staff were friendly, helpful and polite with nothing seeming too much trouble, even the security guard bid you a "good night" upon heading up to bed which was lovely!...Location is brilliant for both the Motorpoint Arena (just around the corner) and the city centre which is just a 5 minute stroll & even though there is no on-site parking, there is an NCP car park just a short walk for £6 a day so didnt consider it an issue for me. Didnt manage to make breakfast so i cant comment on the standard of food, but the bed was soooo comfy I took full advantage of a kid-free weekend & slept in!! :-) The room was spotlessly clean, and modern in design with a good shower and i cant wait to book my next stay here and would highly recommend this hotel to everyone! Thanks Ibis!! :-)

Room Tip: i stayed in room 228 and it was fab..overlooks the road outside which is busy but didnt notice any n...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear 'andlw74'. Very many thanks for your time and posting your review on here. I am enjoying reading your nice comments and cannot wait to share them with my Team. I am sure it will serve as encouragement for them to provide high standard of service in the future. I also noted that you liked our product, especially the NEW SWEET BED BY IBIS! This bed was designed for an ultimate comfort and you can find out more about it online. We look forward to your next visit, Kind Regards, Jacek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Overall the Ibis was fine - served our need for 2 nights in the City. Very good location in terms of closeness to the city centre - however we had a TINY room and it backed on to the train tracks.

Also, our bathroom door wouldn't shut properly, we didn't have a shower mat. Hotel is very noisy - expected as so close to town centre on a Sat night but being right next to the train tracks didn't help.

A little overpriced for what the room was - definitely no space to move around.

1 Thank Anon474
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear 'Anon474'. Thanks for your feedback. I am glad that the hotel served your purpose. But I was sorry to learn that the shower door did not shut properly and that there was no bath mat in your room. Thank you for bringing this to my attention - I will speak to the relevant departments in person. Kind Regards, Jacek
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have stayed twice at this hotel and both times has been good we always have breakfast also a snack later on in the day . I am going again in june with my husband to watch another show and also do some shopping always made to feel welcome .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear 'Ann H', Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you in June. Kind Regards, Jacek
Wales UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We visit Cardiff frequently, and stay here quite often. Yet whenever we stay we are always asked if we have stayed at the Ibis before. In todays age of technology, online booking etc why is it staff are unable to welcome a guest back? It may seem like a small issue however it does reassure the guest that their patronage is recognised. It's a great little hotel, very well sited for all things in the city. The bar area isn't great but it is a utility area servicing as reception area/bar/eating area and this is also reflected in the price you pay for a room. The rooms are comfortable enough for what we want which is usually out and about on the town! The staff are really nice and on the rare occasion when I have experienced a problem this has always been very quickly rectified without fuss. The whole place is always clean, smells nice and on the rare occasions we have eaten breakfast it's always been a very good breakfast, buffet style, help yourself as much as you want! Despite the proximity to the railway track, never get disturbed by this, I always get a good nights sleep (well OK fire alarm went off on 1 occasion!!) it's just across the road from the Motorpoint Area and never experienced problems from that either. This is really a favourite place to stay but the attention to detail in recognising frequent/repeat guests is a little irritating!

Room Tip: Higher rooms seem to be quieter especially if you sleep with the window open!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear 'Commz', thank you very much for taking your time and leaving your thoughts on here. I am happy to learn that you enjoy your visits to Cardiff and stay with us. I am sorry that you were not recognized as regular guests. I will speak to my Team and retrain them on this subject. We all look forward to welcoming you in the near future. Kind Regards, Jacek
Mid Galmorgan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Location is good, near to Queen Station and from here you can access St Mary St and Greyfriars Rd end of town for nightlife quite easily.

Receptionist were friendly, and helpful when I made my booking.

Although a 'great night sleep' was advertised, on this occasion this was not my experience - with a security guard banging on my door at 6.30 in the morning! For no apparent reason.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear 'MRJMidGalmorgan', thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us but was sorry to hear that you were woken up by a security guard. Thank you for letting me know, I will speak to the team on duty in person. Kind Regards, Jacek