“Super Ibis”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,237)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have just spent 2 nights at the Ibis, the hotel is not that far from the Railway station, and is really ideally situated for most things in Cardiff. My only concern was with the reception staff, apart from a nice coloured lady, who was excellent, and communicated very well with guests, the others had problems communicating well enough, which lead to confusion, both on the part of the guest and receptionist. The night lad, I must also say was excellent, communicated well and could not do enough for the guests. We had a back room, with a view of the railway, and did not really hear the railway, that much. The room was clean and tidy, the bed very comfortable, and we had a nice nights sleep. Breakfast was ok, but I would say, if you want toast, the machine takes forever. All in all though, I would recommend to all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear 'malc1005'. Thank you very much for taking your time and leaving your thoughts on here. I am happy that overall your stay was enjoyable. I noted your comments regarding communication and breakfast - thank you for letting me know. We all look forward to receiving you in the future. Kind Regards, Jacek

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and 2 daughters. We booked this hotel because of the location. Rooms are basic but perfect for a short stay. We had breakfast included, good selection of food. Staff very accommodating. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest. Thank you for taking your time and letting me know about your experience at the Ibis Cardiff Centre hotel. I am glad that you and your family had a great time and we look forward to welcmoming you in the near future. Kind Regards, Jacek

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was in Cardiff from June 22 to 27, to work. I stayed at the Ibis Hotel in Churchill Way. It 's very nice hotel in the city center, close to major attractions and shopping. The service is quite good and the price competitive. I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
1  Thank Francesco G
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear 'Francesco G'. Thank you very much for leaving your feedback on here. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We also look forward to welcoming you in the future. Kind Regards, Jacek

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is basic, but really great value. The bed was very comfortable, the place was clean, and it is in a great location. There was one receptionist who was less than friendly, but a night porter was so good to us, and he gave us huge pints of iced water when we came in at 2am a little worse for wear! The breakfast wasn't great, the bread was hard and the only egg option was scrambled, which were very runny. You have to make your own tea too, which was just a little awkward. This was my first Ibis experience, and I will definitely be using them in the future. Great value for money!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 309, where the window faced the train tracks. It was a bit noisy but the front of...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LydiaEmma
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear 'LydiaEmma'. Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed our NEW SWEET BED BY IBIS! I noted you comments regarding breakfast and team. Thank you for letting me know as I can now to the person on duty and re-train. We look forward to welcoming you in the future. Kind Regards, Jacek

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I spent 4 days in Cardiff in April of this current year. I was supposed to be there just for tourism and more like, getting to know the city itself. As I was new to the city and went there by bus, I was a bit confused with directions. I got lost for good 2h until I could find the hotel and the good thing is that it's well located, near pretty much everything (Queen Street, Museum, Cardiff Castle) except for the Cardiff Bay (if you don't like walking, like me).
Front desk was always polite and respectful, clear instructions, always smiling and I felt very comfortable.
The only problems I could spot was that, breakfast is not included so if you go there short of money (if you intend to travel and not spend much), you'd have to pay an extra fee to have breakfast everyday - good thing is that it's not so expensive, it's a reasonable price. The other problem, I got room 4 (if I'm not mistaken) so I got to hear all the noises coming from the street. As I have no problems with sleeping that wasn't much of an issue, but I imagined if I went with a friend then it'd be a problem.
All in all I definitely recommend for its location, people working there and also because Cardiff is such a lovely city.

Room Tip: Well try to get rooms which are not placed in front of the hotel (the ones whose windows are placed...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank KatyKaene
IbisCardiffGM, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear 'KatyKaene'. Thank you very much for taking your time and leaving your feedback on here. I am glad that your trip to Cardiff was enjoyalbe and that you found our Team to be polite and smiling at all times. We hope to see you back in the future. Kind Regards, Jacek

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have stayed at this Ibis several times now and always found it to be clean, breakfast is great, lovely choices. Staff always helpful. Will stay again. Situated in the town centre, close to all venues.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Carol W

Dear 'Carol W'. Thank you very much for leaving your comments on here. I am glad to learn that you found our hotel to be clean and staff always helpful. I will pass your kind words to my Team. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future. Kind Regards, Jacek