“Great value, clean and comfortable”
Review of Ibis Cardiff Gate

Ibis Cardiff Gate
Ranked #25 of 74 Hotels in Cardiff
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed one night, admittedly I had reservations when booking but I needed an economical option. I have been pleasantly surprised. They were very busy with business meetings when we arrived and I had to double park in the car park as a result, but that wasn't an issue and easily resolved after the business day. Our twin room was clean, the beds were comfortable. My only crit was I should have asked for a second pillow as there are only one per bed and I prefer two. The hotel was quiet and I slept unusually well (I am not a good sleeper in general in hotels). The lady in reception was fast and efficient. Yes, I would go back there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Cardiffgate, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Sue H,
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Ibis Cardiff Gate and I will pass your comments onto Kamilla (lady in reception). I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Daniel

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed for three nights at Ibis, Cardiff Gate. Perfect for our needs. Having booked on line and making a call to say we would be arriving late everything went to plan. We were in Room 8 on the ground floor which was ideal for our little dog who wasn't charged for her stay. Everything was clean and fresh. Everything worked perfectly and the wifi was spot on as was the shower. Three really good nights of sleep even though our room was opposite the car park entrance. The rooms must be sound proofed as it was quiet inside. We didn't eat there we used the Toby carvery which is a few minutes walk across the garage forecourt and were able to sit in the garden as the weather was lovely. I was able to walk our dog in the service car park for her night time needs which was the reason we booked here rather than in the city. Although we spent the whole weekend in Cardiff and the drive in was only about 15-20 minutes. The staff were great especially Ryan who made sure all our needs were catered for.
Will look to stay at an Ibis again if they are all like this

Room Tip: Room 8 on the ground floor was quiet and large enough for two and a dog + bed etc
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ahh21
Cardiffgate, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Traveller Ahh21,
Thank you for your nice review about your receint stay at Ibis Cardiff Gate.
I'm glad you and your little dog enjoyed it so much and I will share your comments with Ryan.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We booked a week in advance paid only £29, for this I was suspicious about the quality of the room. However, I called up beforehand to warn them of a late arrival and asked about a travelcot, they were very obliging and also provided us a quiet room away from others. We arrived gone midnight as we wanted to travel while our son slept, it was therefore quick and easy to check in, our room was a short walk from reception and it was perfectly comfortable, dark and quiet for our needs. The travelcot was set up with mattress and linen, so our son bedded down pretty quickly (he woke between car and room), we had tea making facilities, the shower was fine with gel provided. We had breakfast in the morning with my only gripe being a rock hard sausage. Overall, the staff were pleasant, the room was comfortable, it served it's purpose of a comfy overnight stay on our way to Bluestone in Pembrokeshire and we'd stay again. Thank you! (ps I don't know how some numpties have ended up paying £100+ for this place??? I woudn't pay that any motel!)

Room Tip: Just call beforehand, the friendly staff will make sure you get what you need.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Cardiffgate, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear ''Williamsr32'',
Many Thanks for posting a review about your recent stay at Ibis Cardiff Gate. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedbeck. I will share your comments about sausages with my breakfast team.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best Regards

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Well, I stayed here a week whilst working in the local area. The hotel is run down carpet fraying lift not safe in my opinion so best to use the stairs. Generally unclean and not a nice place to be, rooms smelled horrible especially in the bathrooms stayed on the 2floor and the smell from the sink was terrible.
Priced at nearly £50 per night a lot better than this out there and not to the usual standards of Ibis

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Cardiffgate, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Traveller Simonpest,
I am really deeply sorry that we did not meet your expectations when you recently stayed at Ibis Cardiff Gate. As you can see from many other responses I have given publically our main goal is to provide excellent service experiences and to make sure our guests will return back. I would not wish this to be your lasting memory of Ibis Cardiff Gate and I would like to open a dialogue with you directly. Could you please kindly contact me on daniel.mlcousek@accor.com to discuss your problems further.
When we occasionally get it wrong we always do everything to put it right. I hope that we will succeed in your case.
With all good wishes,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Cardiffgate, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Needing to break our journey to Pembroke from Weymouth we decided to try this hotel. We booked online and found that everything was as we had hoped. Despite it being advertised as a 'budget' hotel we felt that, apart from the scarcity of restaurant facilities, it could give other,bigger hotels a run for their money. The facilities were very good. The room was a very good size and comfortably furnished with the usual tea and coffee facilities. The bed was very comfortable with good, firm pillows. TV was very good. Bathroom was excellent with perfectly adequate toiletries. The breakfast (£7.95) was a good selection of 'all you can eat' both hot and cold. A good selection of most things.
There are a good selection of other eateries at the 'Services' across the road from the hotel.
Required to pay on arrival was new but understandable and did not detract from the overall view that this is an excellent hotel with good service, facilities and access from the M4. If we had not planned a different route for our return journey we would certainly have booked in there again. Thank you Ibis!

Room Tip: All rooms are ground floor so all have a 'Park' view....I.e. Car park!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tuhillo
Cardiffgate, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Traveller Tuhillo,
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our rooms and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Daniel

Reviewed 1 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
Cardiffgate, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014