All reviews toby carvery business park motorway services motorway service area min drive park and ride city centre the ground floor free parking comfortable bed pleasant stay the hotel is clean would stay again good size double room one night stay good nights sleep
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Reception: Check in could be done on the day from your smartphone and then just pick up the room key.
The staff were friendly, helpful and professional and nothing was too much trouble

Rooms: We had a double room that was not wheelchair specific but was easily manoeuvred and even the shower was easily accessible
The room was exceptionally clean, quiet, had all we needed, with a freeview TV, free Wi-Fi and tea/ coffee making, as well as room service(we did not use this)

Breakfast: We paid an Extra £24 total for breakfast for two of us for 3 nights and it was very good value, ranging from continental to cooked full English(Welsh!) fresh fruit, coffee, juices and the list goes on. The breakfast room was clean, tidy, quiet and they catered for my bring coeliac too.

Overall, with free parking too, this hotel is only 8 miles from the city centre, yet so quiet you would never know it.
A fantastic find and we will definitely go again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daniel M, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Dear Kate,

Thank you for your nice review. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with my team and we look all forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed for a night with my partner, receptionist was so moody it seemed us arriving was an inconvenience. Although, the room was nice. Large, clean and simple. The bathroom was big and we were on the top floor so didn't hear a sound. Could have done with some air conditioning, even with the window open it was boiling. We also didn't have a remote for our telly so had to keep walking back and forth to change channel, would have called reception but we felt we had already been to much trouble. A good stay for someone who just needs a bed for the night.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daniel M, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear Laauuleigh,
Thank you for your feedback. I will share you comments with my reception team.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Rooms are bigger than I expected as this appears to have originally been a holiday inn express. Close to motorway but sound insulation ok. Breakfast good and for the money I have no complaints for an overnight stopover

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Paul,

Many thanks for your nice review. I look forward to seeing you again.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

I needed a cheap hotel in the Cardiff area before an early start on a job the next day and this hotel fitted that requirement cheap, basic and clean.
Electric car drivers note that the charge point shown on Zap-map isn't installed yet! I called ahead to be told it was around the back of the hotel, when I arrived I found it hasn't actually been installed yet. If you have an ecotricity account the services point is live across the services carpark but not part of the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Daniel M, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear Stcolley.

Thank you for your feedback. Our electric car charger is installed just by the main hotel entrance at the front of the building available 24/7.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

There is everything you need: a nice simple room, good wifi connection and the option of a well varied breakfast. Everything is basic, so you get what you pay for. The mattresses are very soft, so a bit uncomfortable for us. Of course, you can only get there with a car!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Daniel M, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Dear Federico,
Thank you for your comments and compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back again.