All reviewstoby carverymotorway servicesbusiness parkbudget hotelmotorway service areawh smithtoby innmin drivepark and ridecity centrefree parkingthe ground floorcomfortable bedgood sizegood nights sleepone night staythe hotel is clean
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Very good usual IBIS standard hotel. No complaints. Good sized free car parking. Good access to M4. Not near to city centre. Good reception staff. Rooms clean all facilities working. On a site of a motorway service area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Aline M, Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Located on a business park on the edge of Cardiff,you have to have a car to get the full value of this hotel.
I stayed on a Thursday night for £39 which is superb value for a spacious,clean,fresh room with a large bathroom and great shower.The room is twice the size of an Ibis budget hotel room and no pod toilet and shower.
The room has a big comfortable bed and had a great night's sleep.
The room has tea and coffee making facilities.
The hotel and area are quiet with none of the crashing and banging of a B&B.
A stone's throw away are a Waitrose,Burger King,KFC,W H Smith and phone shop.
Check in was fast,staff friendly and car permit registration simple.Huge car park but £100 fines for not registering a car.
Went for breakfast in Subway which is five minutes away.
If you have a car and travelling mid week this place is the place to stay in Cardiff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Aline M, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Kind regards,
Aline Moreira General Manager

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

The stay missed a lot of our expectations, we have stayed in four ibis hotels now and they have all been very different. There is no consistency in the brand it seems. We have been fortunate enough to have a few mini breaks this year and are able to compare this with other brands.
The staff were friendly, however the one night we wanted to use the hotels 24/7 food we were denied as there was no chef on bank holidays, wouldn't mind if there had been warning but there was nothing to state this happens.
I understand the hotel can't control weather, but the room was extremely warm and really misses a fan or air conditioning as well.
I appreciate the brand is more budget, but little things like not even getting spoons to stir drinks (you get wooden sticks) and the hotel is dated. It is also not in the best location either.
We did like there is a pool table, £1 a play and doesn't yet accept the new coins. But it was good fun and the lad working the night shift at the bar was polite.
The breakfast is very nice and there is plenty of choice to be had. The shower was good as well.
If you're travelling and need a night to sleep, it's ideal, if you're staying a few nights like we were, it's very isolated and you'd benefit staying closer to the city, as the international business park is a motorway services.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Aline M, General Manager at Ibis Cardiff Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at my hotel, I am very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. As you can see from many other responses I have given publicly our main goal is to provide excellent service experiences and to make sure our guests will return back. I would not wish this to be your lasting memory of Ibis Cardiff Gate Hotel and I would like to open a dialogue with you directly. Could you please kindly contact me on H3159-GM@accor.com.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Room Tip: They scrimp on towels and also there are no teaspoons in the room but I'm sure if you asked, you'd be sorted out with what you need. I just prefer not having to ask.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with work the other night. To be fair it's a budget hotel but I must admit I'm impressed.
Online check in was a doddle, validating my parking for the car was a breeze.
The receptionist was professional and courteous shame the kitchens were closed when I arrived but plenty of places to eat late at night on the business park this Hotel sits on.
Not having an ironing board in the room I thought was strange but 5 mins after I called reception one was brought to my door.. so again well done guys. Because I'd opted for online checkout I was out and off early.. no que at reception. Will I stay again? Most definitely.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the ibis Cardiff Gate. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind Regards,